Chapter 23

Kay

All my worst fears had come true.. Sia had grown silent ever since I confessed everything..  The Omega of our tribe MayBan, father of Sia had chosen me for Sia as he was worried something would happen to Sia.. for his closest friend's daughter Mary is still reeling from the deceit by her mate who happened to be from the Porter tribe..

There is a very rare chance that can happen to someone and unfortunately it was Mary who got the worst mate who was from Porter tribe.. who mated and then left her with with her pups and never returned.. Ever since that incident, the Omega, Sia's father always wanted someone from our own Mayban tribe for her.. and when she didn't find her mate and I lost mine, Omega thought it was wise to have us together... it seemed ok.. till now.. I suppose.. 

I called the Omega and updated him about my visit and how Sia was feeling, I also mentioned to him that my parents didn't know the situation and what was happening. For now, we were keeping it just to ourselves.. 

I look at Sia whose eyes are still puffy and red from all the crying of yesterday.. she just went to her room and slept and woke up now and was probably getting ready to go to her work.. while I was here lounging in her sofa and had a bad sleep and neck cramps.. 

Sia was making breakfast for both of us.. She made me a plate of pancakes as well and looked up.. 

Sia

I made pancakes for myself and Kay and slid him one and asked him to have.. 

I heard him talk to my parents.. and now today I had both classes and work... and I didn't want to miss any for that would be the distraction I need right now. 

"Kay.. Please make yourself comfortable.. I have work and then classes.. I will be back home by 6pm.. Are u working or are you on leave? " I asked him. 

"I am working from home.. " I replied.. 

Then I showed him from where he could get his lunch and also the snacks I stored.. and asked him to relax... and that we could talk after I'm back.. 

Kay nodded.. 

I got ready fast and took my bag and ran out. Kay told me he got a rental car and he could drop me.. I told him it was not necessary.. I could walk, everything was at walkable distance from my place.. but he insisted.. and I agreed. 

Kay dropped me at my office.. and as soon as I told him bye and was walking towards the entrance I saw Cam looking at me with unreadable expression.. 

"Hi.. " I whispered once I was close to him.. and he just nodded and went inside. 

I understood it was going to be a long day.. after I saw Allison and Cam in their office discussing something seriously.. while I was outside in my cabin and finishing my tasks for the day so I could go to attend my classes and get back and finish Allie's work and then leave to go home.. 

At lunch, I submitted all the reports to Cam and finally I could see he was alone in his office... 

"Alpha Cam.. " I called out to him.. He looked up at me.. He was busy gazing at something on his screen for a long time..

"Here are the reports you asked for.. they are done.. and now I will be leaving for my classes and then come back and finish my work with Allie and leave for the day.. " I told him regarding my day's schedule..

He just nodded.. "Cam.. " I said.. 

"Sia.. I understand you need sometime.. please take time you need.. I see that Kay is wonderful, so I can understand.. whatever decision you take.. Meanwhile, I must warn you whatever you are hearing about Allie and me is not true.. they are just rumours.. " said Cam sadly and smiled at me..

I gave him a tight smile.. and left.. At lunch, I sat with my co workers and everyone was gushing about Allie and Cam's chemistry and how sweet and cute they look together and how Allie would be a great Luna to the Apache tribe.. 

All these did affect me.. I was lost..  attended my classes like a zombie and then messaged Kay if he had eaten, to which he replied in affirmative.. I could see Cam and Allie having lunch together in his cabin.. 

Overall, I didn't know what to do.. After classes, I got back and saw Allie getting lattes for her and Cam. whenever she came to this office, she was always in Cam's office and doing things for him and getting all touchy and feely.. 

I understood I was getting jealous as he was my mate.. but I guess Cam should feel that way when I'm with Kay right? but he wasn't, in fact he has been so understanding and ok with whatever.. Little bit of jealousy is healthy in relationships... Isn't it? I wondered.. 

I came back to office and worked with Allie's team on the interiors of all the rooms except Cam's for that was something Allie wanted to do it herself.. So, she was with Cam for that reason and was discussing the concept of his office with him.. 

After I finished my work, for the day.. I went to Cam's cabin where Allie had perched her legs on Cam's sofa and was showing off her slender and shapely legs.. of which I was feeling envious for my legs weren't so perfect like hers.. she was perfect in and out... Maybe I should just forget about Alpha Cam, there was probably a reason Savannah was no more and Kay became my partner which was why Alpha Cam never got to see me and all of this was just a co-incidence for I happened to come here for my program.. and Allie and Cam were really perfect for each other.. They were picture perfect couple and Allie could give Cam his pups and they would be happy together.. 

Thinking so, I stepped into their cabin and updated Allie of my work today and told her I was leaving for the day.. She told me I could go.. I looked at Cam, not once did he even look at me.. nor did acknowledge my presence instead he was busy typing away something on his laptop and when he was not typing, he was looking at some files on his screen.. 

I just left.. I checked my phone for messages.. there were none.. I called my parents.. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- A/N: The picture above represents how Sia is feeling right now.. 

Is she thinking right ?