1

Jungkook's POV

I arrived in Seoul, finally. My schedule has been packed this past few weeks as I recently had my comeback. Japan, Australia, LA, Malaysia, Indonesia, Shanghai then Singapore. Flying to these countries from day to day with little rest for my concerts just makes my head pound.

Raindrops zoomed past the window, leaving tracks. I traced them with my finger along one of them, a habit of mine since young. I looked out my window and let my eyes take in the familiar shops that I used to love going to during my trainee days. That reminds me-

"Hoseok-hyung, can you drop me off at 'Milk and Cookie Bits'? I want to visit Jin-hyung. It's been awhile,"

"You sure Jungkook? Some people might recognise you. It might get a little... dangerous," he answered, glancing at the rear mirror.

"I'll promise you, no one would," I said, taking out my mask.

We arrived outside of the café and I quickly entered the shop with my had on top of my head, sheltering myself from the rain. The smell of coffee and cookies hit me as soon as I opened the door.

There was no one in the café. Maybe because of the rain. White tables and chairs were neatly arranged and the delicious treats were being shown on the counter.

"Good morning, sir. Would you like to or- Jungkook? Jungkook! It's been so long!" he hugged me tight and we stood at the entrance of the café in embrace.

"I missed you hyung! I've very busy lately. You know, the casual stuff," I said breaking the hug.

"I missed you too. Now come on, let's get you some coffee. Must be tired from all that flying, aren't you?"

I nodded my head as he pulled me to sit on one of the chairs.

Jin-hyung is the only person I still keep in touch with. I am an orphan, you see. From young till this moment, Jin-hyung has been the one that supports my dreams that has now become my job. He is the only one that I open up to about myself and my difficulties. More like a mom, I guess.

"Namjoon-ssi I swear I'll pay you up today. Yes, yes. I'll be receiving my pay today so please don't throw me out. I'll be home by ten o'clock. I promise. Thank you so much!"

I turned around and saw someone clutching his phone one one had and a piece of cloth in the other. He hung up and looked ahead of him, seemingly thinking hard. He finally notices my gaze and moves towards me.

"Uhm- I'm sorry, sir. Do you need me to get you something?"

I shook my head then looked away, not saying a word. I heard him sigh a little then walking away. I looked back and saw him enter a room which I assume is the staff room, not before I catch a tear trickling down his cheek.

"Hey," I called out.

He stopped mid-way in closing the door behind him and peered through the gap, wondering if I was the one calling him. He went out again and came towards me.

"Y-yes, sir?" His voice was slightly shaky.

I looked at him standing in front of me, red shirt, jeans and an apron tied around his waist. His hair was in mess, but somehow it looked fashionable. His face was charming despite his cute chubby cheeks. He had a sharp jawline, perfect nose and the most beautiful pair of eyes I have ever seen. My eyes landed on the tear trail and unconsciously stood up and wiped it away. He stood frozen on spot. His lips slightly apart.

I quickly withdrew my hand, confused of my actions too. Then, I looked him in the eye. Those sad eyes, conflicted with problems too much for him to handle. I noticed his cheeks turned a little pink.

"Can you draw the blinds and close the café for a minute. I don't want anybody to recognise me," I whispered as our distance was quite close.

His eyebrow arched a little, not understanding why he had to do so. I took off my mask and then returned my gaze. His look didn't change.

"You don't know me?"

"I'm sorry- I'll just go on with your instructions," he said, clearly wanting to escape an awkward moment.

He did so as I sat back down on my chair. Jin-hyung came a few seconds later with a Caramel Macchiato in his hands. My favourite.

When that guy was back in the staff room, Jin started talking.

"So.. you like him huh?" he stared off.

"Wha- No- Li-like who?" I stuttered.

"That boy, you keep on staring at him while sipping your coffee. Don't bother lying, I know these things well," he said, smiling.

"He's a good kid. Just a year older than you. He's been working here since two months ago when he was desperate. I took him in and it was not a mistake. More customers came, for three reasons: one, the food here is super scrumptious 'cause I made it, two, that he is so handsome, or three, because I am just too beautiful in their eyes,"

"I'm pretty sure it's not the last one, hyung!" I said chuckling. Then I stopped remembering something.

"Are you gonna pay him today?" I asked remembering the eavesdrop.

"No, I only pay him at the end of the month. Why?"

"Can you give this-" I took out $600 from my pocket. "-to him?" I said, handing Jin the money.

"Huh? What fo-"

"I overheard a conversation between him and his rent collector, I suppose. He doesn't have money at the moment. Don't ask anymore questions, please. Just hand it to him,"

"O-okay then. This is so unlike you Jungkook... Gosh my baby's growing up," he said, hugging me again.

"Wait, then this means that I'm growing old! No!! Turn back to your toddler self!"

I chuckled at his words and took another sip of the oh-so-delicious coffee. My mind kept on drifting to the guy. I could not help it anymore and asked.

"What's his name?"

"Jimin. Park Jimin."

A/N

So.. Hello my readers! Uhm.. This is my first fanfic that I have ever written so bear with me. You might have known me through my comments on your stories (hello there beloved authors XD) or maybe through search-and-find but whoever you are, thank you for reading this!

Also, I'll only be posting once a week and maybe twice.. Idk.. Depending on the occasion. So, yeah.

For the love of cheeseballs,
prettycheezy