"We need a time out," said George, trying to signal to Wood and stop the Bludger from breaking Harry's nose at the same time.

Wood had obviously got the message. Madam Hooch's whistle rang out and Harry, Fred, and George dived for the ground, still trying to avoid the mad Bludger.

"What's going on?" said Wood as the Gryffindor team huddled together, while Slytherins in the crowd jeered. "We're being flattened. Fred, George, where were you when that Bludger stopped Angelina from scoring?"

"We were twenty feet above her, stopping the other Bludger from murdering Harry, Oliver," said George angrily.

"Someone's fixed it -it won't leave Harry alone. It hasn't gone for anyone else all game. The Slytherins must have done something to it," I say.

"But the Bludgers have been locked in Madam Hooch's office since our last practice, and there was nothing wrong with them then . . . . "said Wood, anxiously. Madam Hooch was walking toward them. Over her shoulder, Harry could see the Slytherin team jeering and pointing in his direction.

"Listen," said Harry as she came nearer and nearer, "with you two flying around me all the time the only way I'm going to catch the Snitch is if it flies up my sleeve. Go back to the rest of the team and let me deal with the rogue one."

"Don't be thick," said Fred. "It'll take your head off."

Wood was looking from Harry to the Weasleys.

"Oliver, this is insane," I say angrily. "You can't let Harry deal with that thing on his own. Let's ask for an inquiry - "

"If we stop now, we'll have to forfeit the match!" said Harry. "And we're not losing to Slytherin just because of a crazy Bludger! Come on, Oliver, tell them to leave me alone!"

"This is all your fault," George said angrily to Wood. " 'Get the Snitch or die trying,' what a stupid thing to tell him -"

Madam Hooch had joined them."Ready to resume play?" she asked Wood. Wood looked at the determined look on Harry's face.

"All right," he said. "Fred, George, you heard Harry -leave him alone and let him deal with the Bludger on his own."

On Madam Hooch's whistle, Harry kicked hard into the air and heard the telltale whoosh of the Bludger behind him. Higher and higher Harry climbed; he looped and swooped, spiraled, zigzagged, and rolled. He could hear laughter from the crowd; he knew he must look very stupid, but the rogue Bludger was heavy and couldn't change direction as quickly as Harry could; he began a kind of roller-coaster ride around the edges of the stadium.

I tore my eyes from Harry and continued the game, shoving the Slytherin chases to the side.

"Oi, Jordan! Duck!" I duck my head as Fred knocks a bludger toward a chaser. The Slytherin is knocked off his broom and I'm given a clear shot toward the goalpost.

I throw the ball towards Katie, and she catches it and throws it into the center goalpost. I high-five her and we race off as the crowd cheers.

I tear my eyes away from the game and look for Harry. With a splattering thud, he hits the mud and rolls off his broom. His arm was hanging at a very strange angle; riddled with pain. He focused on the Snitch clutched in his good hand.

"Griffindor Wins!" I cheer and begin to fly down toward the ground. I'm about 50 feet from the group when -

"Jordan look out!" I turn and watch as the rouge bludger speeds toward me, hits my leg, and sends me flying off my broom.

As I land on the hard ground I feel my leg snap and I grunt in pain. I feel myself being lifted up of the ground. My vision becomes clear and I see Fred and George supporting me.