Through the Trapdoor ~ Y3

I'm in the library with Cedric and Rolf when I hear running. I look up to see Harry, Ron, and Hermione.

"What's wrong?" I ask looking at their pale faces.

"We need to talk now," Harry says. I grab my stuff and hug Rolf and Cedric goodbye. The trio leads me down a corridor and into an empty classroom.

"What is doing on?" I demand at the trio.

"Don't you think it's a bit odd that what Hagrid wants more than anything is a dragon, and a stranger turns up who just happens to have one? I mean, how many people wander around with dragon eggs in their pocket?" Harry says very quickly.

" I mean yeah it was a bit strange," I say crossing my arms.

"Hagrid told us the stranger was interested in Fluffy when Hagrid mention the dog. He told the stranger that the key to calming any beast is playing it a bit of music," Hermione explains.

"That was no stranger Hagrid met in the village. It was Snape. Which means, he knows how to get past Fluffy," Harry explains.

" And today Dumbledore received an urgent message from the ministry. He isn't here!" Ron says.

"We have to go through the trapdoor. Tonight!"

I stand there and look at the kids.

"I am only going with you to make sure that the dog doesn't eat you!" They smile at each other and I sigh.

~

After everyone goes to bed I head down to the common room to find the trio and a petrified Neville on the floor.

"What happened?" I ask.

"Nothing," Ron says. They pull me under the cloak and we leave the common room and head to the 3red floor.

I unlock the door and we slowly step inside and close it. The dog is fast asleep.

"Snape's already been here. He's put a spell on the harp," Harry says pointing to the instrument in the corner. We take off the cloak and I move the dog's paw on the trapdoor.

Harry lifts it up to reveal nothing but darkness.

"I'll go first. If something happens, get yourselves out! Does it seem a bit quiet?" I say.

"The harp, it stopped playing," Hemione says looking back.

Drool lands on Ron's shoulder and he groans. We look up to see the very awake three-headed dog.

"Jump!" I yell. I push the kids in the door and jump in after them.

"Whoa. Lucky this plant-thing is here, really," Ron says. I land and look around.

"Uh oh," I say. The plant starts to move and wrap itself around us.

"Stop moving, both of you. This is Devil's Snare. You have to relax. If you don't, it will only kill you faster," Hermi0ne says to the boys as I start to relax.

" Kill us faster?! Oh, now I can relax!" Ron says as he tries to pull off the vines. Me and Hermione drop through the plant and onto the floor.

"Hermione!"

"Jordan!"

"Guys you have to relax!" I yell. I look over to see Harry fall through the plant.

"You alright?" Hermione asks.

"Yeah," he says.

"Ron God dammit relax!" I yell.

"We have to go something," Harry says as Ron continues to scream.

"Uh! I remember reading something in Herbology," Hermione says trying to rack her brains.

"Help!"

"Um Devil's Snare, Devil's Scare, it's deadly fun...but will sulk in the sun! That's it! Devil's Snare hates sunlight!" Hermione says. We both pull out our wands and point it above us.

"Lumus Solem!"

A beam of light shoots out. The Snare shrieks and recoils. Ron falls below.

"You ok?" I ask him and he stands up.

"Yeah yeah. Lucky we didn't panic," Ron says.

"Lucky Hermione and Jordan pay attention in class," Harry says.

"Do you hear that?" Hermione asks.