02

:::
:::
:::

They manage to get Jisoo's car working, and Jisoo takes Rosé back to a small cottage seemingly in the middle of nowhere.

“National City is only twenty minutes away,” Jisoo tells her as she unlocks the door. “I didn't want to be too far, but I couldn't bare living there it... brought up too many memories.”

Rosé can understand that.

The thought of walking past the K-Corp building had made her so nauseous a few days ago that she'd called in sick to work. It hadn't been a big surprise. Rosé hadn't gone to work since Jisoo—

Jisoo opens up the door, and her cottage is much bigger than it looks on the outside. All of the furniture is up to Jisoo's fancy standards, aside from a slightly ratty blanket on the couch that Rosé instantly recognizes from her apartment.

Jisoo sees her looking at it and explains, “You—well, my Rosé and I used to cuddle under that when we had movie nights. I couldn't let it go.”

Rosé feels slightly choked up. It seems that this Rosé and Jisoo's relationship had gone a step further than her and Jisoo's ever got to be.

“That's really sweet,” Rosé rasps. “I didn't, um—I couldn't take any of Jisoo's stuff. I couldn't go back to her place.”

Jisoo nods, and she looks like she understands more than she could ever say.

“When Rosé died I couldn't go to her place either. Lisa, she called and asked if I wanted it, along with a few other things. She was a lot stronger than I ever could've been.” Jisoo looks down.

“No, Jisoo!” Rosé says immediately. “Losing someone you love is so hard. I've barely been able to move the last week since I lost yo—Jisoo. I've been doing the same thing you did.”

Jisoo nods, then sits down on the couch, almost sagging into it.

“I feel like part of me is missing,” Jisoo murmurs. “And when I saw you in the street, when I realized who you were, it felt like I was whole again.” She looks up at Rosé. “Is that wrong?”

Rosé sits down next to her and places a hand on top of Jisoo's. She feels the same way. Like a part of her that was missing for the past week is back again, except—

“No, it's not wrong,” Rosé says, squeezing Jisoo's hand. “I feel it, too.”

Jisoo looks at Rosé and smiles, and Rosé feels herself smile back in a way that actually reaches her eyes.

:::
:::
:::