S1: Episode 15 [ A Fever You Can't Sweat Out.]

Start from the beginning

"I won't ask exactly why you insist on trying to read me like a book, but given the quite obvious fact that you should be completely aware of the questions your husband asked me two days ago," He lost his smile, giving the woman a cold stare as Grayfia, in turn, stopped looking at him so intently, now looking at him with a more 'caring?' look in her eye, as if she is staring at someone troubled: which only poked at him. "I don't see any reason as to why you must look at me like some stranger. You know my character, my intentions, and even how I came to join the Grigori, but most importantly, a bit of my childhood leading to that, so if there's something you would like to say, go ahead, you have all the answers you'd ever need to ask me more," Y/n finished, leaning back in his chair and taking off his purple glasses, pocketing them before closing his eyes and crossing his arms to rest a little.

He waited, letting the words hang in the air, allowing her to speak as his eyes left her, tired of staring at the same person for over an hour.

"...Why do you carry yourself above your age, Lord Crowley?"

He opened his eyes. Staring at her a bit confused for a moment before he understood the question. Sighing, he felt like his father had asked him this many times before, and like someone tired of the same damn question being asked of them, he answered in an almost automatic fashion.

"Simple, me and your sister-in-law are different, that's all there is to it," Y/n calmly answered, not noticing the surprise on Grayfia's face as she realized something important about the boy before her, instead looking towards the white door opened: a male devil dressed in the standard white and blue doctor attire stepping out to speak to them both about Issei, looking around for a moment before starting.

"Rias Gremory's pawn is currently stable and just requires proper rest to recover. If you wish, feel free to go inside and see him, I'll be checking in on other patients," The doctor explained before abruptly leaving. Y/n watched the man walk down the clear white halls before standing up and looking toward Grayfia, smirking a little.

"Well, let's not keep the dragon boy waiting."

Not waiting for Grayfia as she followed behind, Y/n walked into the room and spotted a still sleeping Issei in the teal green hospital bed, some bandages covering him along with the white sheets over his body. Next to his bed, there was a small white table with a file on it. Noticing it, Y/n walked right over and picked it up, beginning to read through everything to get a more detailed idea of Issei's current condition. Reading the file over, Y/n could feel his hands begin to grip the stacks of paper a bit harder as he sighed and...

"Oh fuck me like I was Mary..."

Having stood up and followed behind, Grayfia who just entered the room after Y/n closed the door before turning down to find the blond placing the file back on the table, though with a bit of minor frustration, muttering something under his breath. Concerned that it related to the pawn, who in her own words, fought valiantly against Riser, Grayfia walked up to Y/n, finding him with a calm but resolved look on his face, as if he was preparing to do something that would once again place him in an unfavorable position.

"Is he alright, what exactly did you see?" Grayfia calmly asked, glancing over at the sleeping brunette as Y/n sighed deeply, running his hands through his hair before letting them fall to his side, walking away from Grayifa before pacing around the room, thinking aloud as he answered her.

"Coupled with the release of his sacred gear, the boosts, and that stunt he pulled with promoting...He can't fight," He revealed as Grayfia looked at Issei worriedly as she thought of his condition and that of Rias' fate that now seemed to hang in the balance.

"...Then what do you propose we do? My King explained to me that your plan, even before the recent news of him harboring Ddraig betted on this boy being a key player in it. Tell me you have a backup?" Grayfia asked with hope as she almost expected such a thing from the young lord given the praise her husband had given him after their talks.