S1: Episode 15 [ A Fever You Can't Sweat Out.]

Highschool DxD The Serpent King: [Season One ]

Episode 15: [ A Fever You Can't Sweat Out. ]

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

_______________

_______________

_______________

_______________

"Are you sure you don't have a younger sister? Preferable with silver hair and red eyes, and looks like they could kick my ass?" Y/n asked Grayfia who continued to remain silent, an attitude that was beginning to bore him as he swung his head back and stared up at the white ceiling, a disinterested look in his eye as he sat outside the infirmary: a look of apathy on his face as he rested his right arm over the black armrest, crossing his legs as his other arm fell to his lap.

"...I'll take that as a no, I guess I can only admire such a level of professionalism, and only wonder what that look in your eye is supposed to mean, Lucifuge," He admitted in a dry voice, leaning forward and letting his eyes meet the ruby red ones that were Grayfia, he had to question whether Sirzechs was into maids or not given how the woman dressed. Well, he wouldn't judge, Y/n himself had his preferences and exotic likes. But...

( The last time I was in this part of the underworld was about...a decade ago give or take, but who knew it would be so damn boring! Wake the hell up Issei! We got a plan to execute, and you're the damn punchline.) In his thoughts, he waited for the news on Issei's condition as Grayfia sat across from him: they were the only people, outside Rias and her family, that were currently allowed on this floor as in the room with Issei, they waited for the doctor to come out with the brunette, or at least give news that he would wake up soon.

But, it honestly felt like he was alone, as his friend here, or well, rival if you count the past, was saying nothing...

Only staring at him with a look he could call 'complicated'.

He had a couple of guesses why, but frankly, he would much rather be home with Asia and their new pet Tiger named 'Nala", courtesy of the saint, than continue feeling the maid's eyes on him.

Smiling, he rested his hands on his knees before speaking, hoping to quell a possible worry in the woman's mind. "Despite my allegiances being to them," A faction of crows to be exact. "I have no intention of harming that boy even if it would be in my best interest to do so, as given the fact that I know the White Dragon personally, he'd hate it if I killed his destined rival... Issei is also my friend, so I wouldn't be comfortable stealing or buying his sacred gear off him," Y/n explained as Grayfia narrowed her eyes at him, something he wasn't too phased by, throughout the time they had been looking at each other, he had been trying to read the looks on her face and had come to a conclusion,

She was making her judgment of him.

Scratch that.

She was trying to figure out how to see him.

It bothered him to an extent he was partly surprised by it.

( Look at me with pity one moment, sympathy the next, and then confusion last... If I'm, to be honest, and not rude in the slightest way possible...) He breathed in, looking her in the eye, trying to decide whether he felt annoyed or possibly uncomfortable as he thought. ( When I receive such a familiar feeling from a woman like you... it's damn odd, almost cringe-worthy. )

Warmth one moment, cold the next, she was difficult to read and even worse, she was studying him too. Lucifuge and Crowley: both houses served Lucifer, yet it could be said that they were rivals in that regard, competitive to say the least, as while both were servants, one clan was always closer to the king of hell than the other. He wouldn't mind fighting her, hell, he brought up the idea just to see if she would agree: but he only received silence. Yet, despite the gap in generations and ages, Y/n still looked at the woman with respect, as she was still a Lucifuge, and paired with the memories he had of her, the man knew she wasn't to be trifled with. But...