thirteen | last of the time lords

Beginne am Anfang

And not even a minute after being handed the coat, the Doctor had pulled the Master's own screwdriver out of his coat before he pointed it up at the Master, who said, "Oh, I see."

In turn, the Doctor said to him, "I told you. I have one thing to say."

In response to the Doctor's words, the Master had only let out a laugh, shortly before Annabelle heard Jack say, "Oh, here we go again."

While Annabelle had simply clenched her jaw in response to hearing rapid gunfire, the Master had started to take the screwdriver out of the Doctor's hands as he said, "Isomorphic controls." After hitting the Doctor and causing him to fall down onto the floor, the Master told him, "Which means they only work for me. Like this!"

Then he shot the laser screwdriver over in the direction of Francine, who quickly ducked down onto the floor, shortly before the Master yelled, "Say sorry!"

In turn, Francine yelled, "Sorry, sorry!" And while Letitia had quickly ran over towards her mother, Francine yelled, "Sorry!"

While the mother and daughter had simply hugged one another, the Master asked, "Didn't you learn anything from the blessed St. Martha?" While Lucy had started to put the Master's coat back onto him, he said, "Siding with the Doctor is a very dangerous thing to do. Take them away."

While Letitia and Francine were led out of the room, the Master started to pull the Doctor up from the floor as he said, "Okay, got you." As he started to put the Doctor into a nearby chair, he said, "There you go, gramps."

After putting the Doctor into the chair, he sat down on the table in front of the Doctor as he said, "Oh! Do you know... I remember the days when the Doctor, oh, that famous Doctor, was waging a Time War, battling Sea Devils and Axons. He sealed the rift at the Medusa Cascade single-handed! And look at him now. Stealing screwdrivers. How did he ever come to this?" With a mere raise of his eyebrows, he said, "Oh, yeah! Me!"

After the Master had simply let out a laugh, the Doctor said to him, "I just need you to listen."

With a shake of his head, the Master replied, "No, it's my turn. Revenge! Best served hot! And this time it's a message for Miss Jones."

* * *

With a bit of a smirk on his face, the Master said, "My people! Salutations. On this, the eve of war. Lovely woman. But I know there's all sorts of whispers down there, stories of a child walking the Earth, giving you hope." After walking away from the camera and making his way over towards where the Doctor was sitting in a wheelchair, he said, "But I ask you, how much hope has this man got?"

Then he said to the Doctor, "Say hello, Gandalf!" Then he said to the camera, "Except he's not that old, but he's an alien with a much greater lifespan than you stunted little apes. What if it showed? What if I suspend your capacity to regenerate?"

While Annabelle had only clenched her hands into fists in response to the Master's words, the Master asked the Doctor, "All nine-hundred years of your life, Doctor, what if we could see them?" After pointing his screwdriver at the Doctor once more, he said, "Older and older and older. Down you go, Doctor! Down, down. Down the years."

It wasn't until he'd lowered his screwdriver and made his way over towards where the Doctor's clothes had laid on the floor that he said, "Doctor?"

When he saw no form of movement coming from the clothing, the Master had glanced over towards his right before he crouched down and could eventually see something moving from the inside of the Doctor's suit.

It was then that he could see the Doctor's small and shrunken head poke out of the suit, which got the Master to only raise his eyebrows and simply smirk to himself before he asked, "Received and understood, Miss Jones?"