9. 𝙰𝚗 𝙰𝚍𝚎𝚙𝚝𝚊𝚕 𝙸𝚜𝚜𝚞𝚎

Start from the beginning

- Is it... absorbing elemental energy? -

I thought, as I stared at my sword for a moment, before focusing on the fight.

But they seemed to be surprised at this, as the sword started to absorb the green mist around them, causing them to jump away from me.

- It's... absorbing the karma!? -

The opponent thought, as they swiftly took off their mask. I could recognize him to be a man, as I wasn't too focused on defending myself now.

"Who are you!? How did you do that!?" He stopped fighting, however he still held his polearm in my direction as he yelled at me.

"Why do you get to ask questions!? You were the one who jumped and tried to stab me from nowhere!" I yelled back at him, my voice revealing my anger.

- This was supposed to be a NORMAL commission! -

"You say that as you hold that sword!" He points his weapon at me once again.

"Well, yeah?! I need to defend myself from people like you who try to impale others just because!" I yell out, before realizing I was starting to lose my rationality to anger.

I calm myself down, taking a deep breath.

- I can kind of forgive Keqing, since it did look weird in her perspective. But this time I really was just walking around! -

"Look, I'm no bad guy. I'm just an adventurer and I'm trying to go to Wangshu Inn to deliver a letter, nothing more." I say and I put my sword back on its scabbard, sheathing it slowly and gently.

"... You're a normal human?" He asks, still a bit unsure if he should put his weapon down.

"Eh... Yes, sure. You expected I was a hilichurl or something?" I responded with uncertainty, for multiple reasons.

"That's not what I meant." He says as he stores his polearm away, seemingly not considering me a threat before.

"Last time that sword was held, its owner was a malefic demon. And nothing told me otherwise about you. I apologize for the mistake." He says, his words expressing his apology, but by looking at his face, he still didn't seem to trust me.

I fnally take a deep breath and actually look at the guy, he had black hair with green details. He had faint amber eyes, with weak red makeup around its corners. He wore multiple trinkets around his body, the most eye-catching one being the demon mask he placed on his hip.

 He wore multiple trinkets around his body, the most eye-catching one being the demon mask he placed on his hip

"As an apology, I shall escort you to Wangshu Inn, there are loads of monsters in the way." He said, before turning around slightly.

"No, there's no need, I can take care of myself." I try to convince him, but it seems like that was impossible at the moment.

"Nonsense, you do not know what lays ahead in the future, mortal." He spoke, while that same green aura shrouded his body once more. It seemed he would dissapear at any moment, in the same way he appeared out of nowhere.