Ice Heart pt 3 🦝

Here's part 3. Maybe one more after this?? Two?? IDK yet. Also smut in this one ⚠️

POV Thea

After last night I feel lighter. Happy. Something I never thought I would feel. I didn't stay with Lexa and as much as I wanted to I know we need to build our trust and bond more. She has a couple meeting today and Anya ordered to walk me through the market and nearby woods. I should. I be mad about being watched but I know she is only looking out for me and if yesterday has anything to say, I have a few enemies. I also pissed off my mother. A knock on my door brings me out of my thoughts and I open it to see Anya waiting in her armor. "Are you ready princess?" She asks in her gruff tone. I nod and shut the door behind me following her to the elevator.

When we reach the market it is lively and fast moving. Anya is bringing me to a part I haven't been to yet then we are going to walk the woods. It kinda sounds like murder but whatever. We have been wondering around for about an hour and I can tell most of the people in this market hate me. One guy even spit at me and Anya almost killed him, but I told her to leave it. They will only blame me for it and hate me more. We decided to leave as it was getting tense and I think Anya was about to kill someone. As we reach the outter wall I pause causing Anya to halt in confusion. "I'm not aloud to leave." I say and she raises and eyebrow. "And why not? You are with me, it's fine" she says and continues to walk but I don't move. She gets a few more steps before realizing I wasn't following and she groans. "Let's go, princess" she says annoyed and I glare at her. "I was sold as property. I'm not allowed to leave." I explain and her face softens slightly. "We are not Azgeda and you are not property. Come on" she says motioning for me to take a step. I glance around, back and then at her. Is this a trick. A test? Like she can read my mind she says, "no trick, you're allowed to leave" she says and I swallow taking a step. I glance around and nothing happens making me take a few more. I sigh in relief and a small smile appears on my lips. "See. Now come on" she says and walks further down the path to the woods.

Everything is so green and lively. I didn't get to appreciate the scenery on the way here for obvious reasons. My eyes are wide as I look around. I hear chirps making me look up and see birds like I did the first day at the market. I want to draw everything so I won't forget. For a memory when this all gets taken away at some point. "Come. Look" Anya says standing over a ridge. Well if she were to kill me then I would die happy. I walk over and gasp at the sight of the waterfall. It's magnificent. Beautiful. Something I've only ever seen frozen once before. "It's flowing" I say and walk closer. "That is what water does" she says bluntly but I take no offense, she is just like that. "In Azgeda everything is frozen. Only on the outskirts does the water run, but still there's ice... Or at least that is what my brother told me." I say and inhale the fresh smell. "He snuck me out once. We went to a waterfall just like this on the mountain. It was frozen solid but you could see the water running underneath. I followed it and watched the light reflect off in many colors. It was beautiful... But then mother caught us and I was locked in a cold dark cell for weeks" I say frowning as I stare at the waterfall. It's silent for a long time. I didn't expect her to say anything. I mean what does one say to that? Sorry? Ha, no. The silence gets broken though as Anya speaks, "I was warry of you and your intentions. Lexa is like a daughter to me and I don't want to see her hurt again. Not by Azgeda." She says and I turn to look at her. "I thought maybe you were planning to use her. Let the queen in and take over" she continues. "Do you still think that?" I ask and she shakes her head no. "Lexa is fond of you already. I can see it in her eyes she cares for you. She may seem tough and strong but at heart she is soft and kind. You are similar. You have a front up and you have no reason to be kind or sympathetic but you are. You have a huge heart but you to are afraid of getting hurt" she says and I look away at the waterfall again, tears in my eyes that I refuse to let fall. "You show no ill will against Polis or Lexa. You just want someplace to be you. Free. I think you will fit in fine here. I also think you are good for Lexa. She was smiling today, something she hasn't done in a while. I'm assuming it was because of you" she says smirking at me. "She is also good for you. You just have to let her in." She says and I don't know what to say so I stay looking at the waterfall. Then a thought comes to mind, "will you train me?" I ask turning towards her. She furrows her brows and studies me. "Why?" She asks. "Because despite your sunny personality, I quite enjoy your company. I also never got to really but my methods to use. Yesterday excluded" I say smirking and she huffs. "Alright. We'll see what you can do. I will talk to Lexa" she says and I shake my head. "Don't... At least not yet. She worries to much" I mumble making Anya chuckle. My eyes widen and I smile a bit. "You can laugh?" I ask and she huffs.