Chapter 2

After that awkward and life-threatening encounter, which visibly raised Y/N's anxiety. He was to meet with his best friend Murray Fegan, near the gate to the prestige school. It was Friday so kids were able to see their families for the weekend before back to school and sleeping in dorms.

And for such a respected school that it looks like the school of the future, he was surprised. The gate was a rickety rotating price of the metal, the bars mangled and rusted so much you can pull a bar free.

Walking past the church located a road apart from our school, separated by a barrier due to construction under the floorboards.

Then he saw Murray, he was slouched with his back against a decayed brick of the barrier.

He had a mop of golden blonde hair that curled up in front of his eyes, and his skin although shiny was slightly spotty due to his abandoned plan of face care. He had a strong jawline, that for some reason fit his head, and his body was quite like Y/N's...skinny and looked like he hadn't eaten in days.

"The late man rises, were where you? Having a wank in the toilets?" Murray complains it was a joke that Y/N's friends play on him and that he was wanking in the bog.

"Fucking your mother," Y/N smirks as Murray's lips twitch up into a chuckle, soon both of them are cracking up and walking down the side path.

The side path was a pavement that went lower than the main highway next to it, before forking off in two directions: Aigsmeade, the posh kids hang on. And the Vale, essentially Kaon's Undercity.

The Vale was a dip in the side highway which was the meet-up for the various districts of Internation High Academy, with corner stores and pubs open to whoever was down there.

You'd always find a couple of poor St Michaels boys trying to rizz up a red coat in district 2 baddie until their boyfriend from district 3 shoves them on their arse.

Right now Y/N and Murray are using the under path to reach the Vale, him for his 61 bus and Y/N for a Dairy Milk and a Lucozade. Yes it was still up and favored.

"So Mikey comes up to me and gives me a location I'm supposed to go to, if I don't turn up I'm in deep shit and if I go I'm in deeper shit with mum... What do I do?" Y/N worriedly raises the question with a quavering voice.

"Don't go, simple as," Murray says as if the situation was an insignificant emergency.

"But the last person died when they didn't listen, remember Hector WaterMan? Yeah, he's gone, brick to the head." Y/N further pushes his subject of issue.

"It was a complete accident, it wasn't aimed for him. The police reports show  the trajectory and position, it says that he walked in front of it." Murray justifies, that it wasn't a calculated murder just Hector being a dumbarse. Like, don't walk in front of a flying brick, simple.

"Yeah but-- wait how do you have access to police reports?" Y/N's eyes squint in silent skepticism.

"Wha-- why would I have police-- Oh look my bus is here, sorry but I have to get it." Murray's attention swiftly swaps to the most fortunate of distraction ever, or because of the plot.

Looking down at the map's ripped-off piece. The location isn't suspicious at all so what was is he planning, he thought.

Flipping the paper in his hands and seeing a four-digit digit number. No not a number, a time.

Tucking it in his blazer breast pocket he gives it a tap to make sure it's there and walks his path home.

________________________________
Y/N POV