The story so far... (Prologue)

In the year 2051, the greatest scientific minds of the five most powerful countries in the world, the United States, the United Kingdom, France, Russia, and China, as well as their leaders, had a meeting. Human population was at an all-time high, growing at an exponential rate, and didn't show signs of stopping. For the past thirty years, humans have polluted and nearly destroyed the planet, coming close to taking themselves out in the process. The top minds from these countries worked together for countless months, planning and brainstorming on how to repair the damage humans have done to the planet, with no proper, feasible solution being offered. One man, however, made heads turn: Cassian Virotine. Having acquired an ungodly amount of degrees in quantum physics, theoretical physics, and many other things, he was undoubtedly the smartest man in the room. His idea was not to fix their current planet, but to simply find more.

In the past, scientists all over the world have discovered many Earth-like planets, all within a perfect habitable zone, but none had ever been properly explored; they were simply cataloged and forgotten about. Virotine, however, wanted to expand humankind beyond its planetary limitation, in order to save itself and thrive once more. So, with the intention of human preservation, he started a company called Viro Corporation, which aimed to map out these habitable planets, mass produce starships for the general public, and begin the age of commercial space travel. Soon, flying to another planet would be equal to just driving to the next state over. This will increase humanity's chance of survival, allowing them to reproduce and spread across the galaxy to their heart's content, without the constant worry of destroying the only planet they have.

With billions of dollars of funding and many years of growth, ViroCorp. became the biggest corporation the world had ever seen, manufacturing nearly everything you could think of, from cars, to weapons, to even starships and gigantic space stations. Over the years, Cassian Virotine married, had a child, and grew old, all while keeping his company going. He was able to witness the first of his line of starships fly to other planets to begin the construction of cities and homes. He had basically made more Earths, and after his passing, his son Samuel took over at the age of 20, carrying on the Virotine legacy. 

Cassian had done it. He had accomplished his dream of saving humanity, and was considered to be the greatest hero to have ever lived. Viro Tower, their headquarters in Los Angeles, California, had erected a statue of Cassian in his honor, with a plaque that reads "Cassian Virotine, savior of humanity. May you forever rest in peace." Samuel Virotine made plans to expand the company in ways his father had never even thought of, buying out different parts of the United States military, and plastering the ViroCorp. logo all over their armor, tanks, and planes. The company even took over the police force, arming them with ViroCorp. weapons and armor, calling them Enforcers, and having stations all over every planet. They even suggested the idea of having a single, unified currency so nobody had to worry about exchange rates and all the legal stuff. So, after convincing and paying his way through multiple countries, the Galactic Unit was created. Everyone everywhere had switched to using these units, giving profit to banks all over the galaxy.

Twenty years after ViroCorp. was founded, space travel is now a very common thing, with nearly everybody having their own starship, giving them access to countless space stations, planets, and systems within the Milky Way galaxy. There are certain planets that have laws that others don't. Some planets are more corporate owned, with large cities and fancy housing facilities, and some that are more free, being run by gangs and criminals on the run. Some planets are even in a constant state of war between the Enforcers and the outlaws.

Humanity has spread all over the galaxy. Earth might be dead, but there are countless other planets out there. Life found a way to continue, and that's where the story begins...