Love & Order (A Law & Order:SVU fanfic)

Start from the beginning

She pushed the door open into her flat and tossed her keys into the blue ceramic bowl on her hall table before taking a shower. But halfway through, the glass door slammed open and she fell to her knees in front of the toilet and threw up violently into it. 

Reaching underneath the sink for the disinfectant-her hand brushed against a spare box of Tampax which fell, scattering its contents on the clammy tile floor. Her stomach clenched up again, this time for entirely different reasons. Her mind moved feverishly as she groped around blindly for the box “Ohmigod, the date, what’s the date?, when was my last? How many weeks? Oh my god February” she muttered.

Naked and shivering on the bathroom floor Olivia realized it had been two months since her last period in February – it was now April 16th. She should have started her period 4 days ago.  Drying her hair she let the towel fall from around her hips and stared tentatively at her reflection in the steamy mirror. If she was pregnant- she could barely wrap her mind around the word, then there was no hint of a bump at her waist yet. No curvature to indicate the presence of her baby.

Pulling on an old pair of NYPD sweats, she grabbed her wallet and all but ran to the convenience store. She grabbed a case of gingerale and saltines before making her way over to the family planning aisle. Her stomach flopped over again as her gaze fell on the condoms – “that would have come in handy a few months ago” she thought wryly. Despite the fact that she was the only one in that aisle, a blush spread over her cheeks and lower as she thought about the circumstances of the possible conception.

Green Motors Motel

8:28 pm February 4th (FLASHBACK)

“Hey – did you hear something coming from the bathroom?” Elliot turned around to check out the sleazy bathroom when Olivia threw her cards down on the lumpy mattress and smoothed back her bangs. “Cause I think I just heard a royal flush! Come on, I’m waiting, the shirt goes this time I think”.

It was the eleventh hour of their stakeout in this godforsaken motel. There was a drug deal supposed to be going down tonight between ‘Elliot Richardson’ and the guy narcotics was trying to bring down. Normally this bust would have gone through narcotics – but all of their guys had been made when a leak had been discovered in the unit. “The only flush I’m gonna see is on your face when I put down my four aces!” Elliot grinned as he listened to his partner mouth a few choice phrases at him. “You’re gonna get it, Stabler”.

Jokingly, Olivia shimmied off her sweater slowly teasing him with a mock impression of a striptease. The heavy wool cable knit pulled the tank top she wore underneath so that it shifted to reveal a lushly curved patch of black lace.

Without thinking Elliot reached out and grabbed her just below her ribcage so that his thumb brushed the underside of her breast as he pulled her inexorably towards him. Olivia’s eyes widened, her pupils dilated wide as her breathing became hitched and shallow.

His hand slid up further, edging the ribbed material over her chest, exposing lace covered nipples that puckered enticingly against the cooler rush of air and the liquid rush of heat that filled her veins and pooled in a deep secret place in her body. A place that she arched unconsciously towards him as she pressed her hips to his.

 “Lord help me Olivia if you want me to stop tell me now”. He bent to lave one swollen peak through the sheer lace and she managed to speak: “N, nuh, n – no. Elliot, El oh god please d-don’t stop. Yes, yes I want you i-in me, please El” her whispered moans rose to muffled shrieks and gasps of shock and ecstasy as he hooked his thumbs through the beltloops of her pants and slid them down torturously slowly as he continued to kiss her.