Chapter Sixty Seven

Not Edited!!

Nahla Reese

Nahla stared at the screen as she felt her heart starting to race. All these emotions were starting to resurface and Nahla wasn't ready. The last thing she wanted to do was break down in front of all these people. Especailly not before Polo showed up with his new girl.

Taking a deep breath Nahla locked her phone sliding it in her purse. She felt the need to get some fresh air but before she could even think to get up music started playing and Polo's voice came through the speakers.

"Girl you got me losing my mind. I just want you to see that I'm trying. Ever since you left the sun don't shine. Don't want to lose you in this race against time. Hypnotized by your love, I'm blind. It's so hard to pay attention to the signs. Without you feel like slowly I'm dying. Broken hearts can make a grown man cry" Polo began rapping putting his heart and soul into every word he spoke through the mic.

Wooski had assured him that Nahla was in attendance tonight so he wanted to make sure Nahla could feel just how sorry he was for how things went down between them. Walking out on stage he looked around the crowd looking for her. Finally finding her he locked eyes with her as he continued the song

"I was sitting there just thinking. Then reality had hit me. Hope I feel your same pain when that bitch Karma come and get me. Feel like I don't deserve you no more but I want you to be with me. We done built a bond so strong and from that love I know you miss me. Connected to you soul I feel it when you hug and kiss me. Now your shoulder is so cold and lately I been feeling empty. I got caught up in this fame and all these hoes I let it tempt me. In that hotel room alone remember I would hold you gently. Went on dates, we took some pictures everything was moving quickly. Manipulated I ain't think a new relationship would fit me. But I told you we can try it even though I know it's risky. Mind games with our emotions swear this shit get kinda tricky" Polo finished his verse not once letting his eyes leave Nahla's.

Nahla felt like she couldn't breathe as she listened to every word that left Polo's mouth. By now all eyes were on her but she couldn't get herself to move. She felt trapped in her seat by Polo's gaze. As the chorus played Polo found himself waking off the stage and through the crowd heading towards Nahla. She wanted to get up and run but her body was betraying her

"Keep her in love Pink because I like how them joggers fit her. Wondering how Ima play it. It was hard to get her. So beautiful I keep her smiling when I compliment her. If being this bad is a sin I hope that God forgive her. I kept you worried in them trenches tryna dodge the killers. Tryna escape from this commitment made our problems bigger. It's hard to love with disfunction wish my scars was thinner. Tryna forget  me in your thoughts I hope your heart remember. Know It's gonna hurt to see another nigga bonding with her. Can't even look you in your eyes cause I'm burning up with Guilt for that moment went to far and now I fucked up what we built"

By the time Polo finished the song he was standing in front of Nahla who was trying her best to keep herself together. Taking in her beauty Polo couldn't lie to himself anymore. He was madly in love with her. Putting the Microphone up to his lips deciding to speak some words.

"I just want to thank everyone for coming out tonight and celebrate the release of my first album. It's been a long journey but we're finally here. This album is special to me because not only is it the first album of many but it's also a reminder to myself that my life isn't complete without my inspiration" Polo looked around the room. He looked at each and every camera that was surrounding him. He knew that it was only a matter of time before this whole thing would be uploaded to the blogs but at this moment he didn't care. He wanted to tell the world that he was in love.