12

TW!: Blood and... more

Beau's head pounded as he forced himself to open his sore eyes. He groaned softly at the irritating and heavy feeling his body possessed, simply wanting to curl up and fall back to sleep but there were more pressing matters to attend to and he needed answers. He couldn't quite recall what had happened or how he had ended up in a bed seemingly just fine but there he was and even the room was familiar.

Weren't they just at the Gala not too long ago? What could have possibly happened in such a short amount of time?

Peering up at the sound of a door opening, Beau saw the beautiful sight of his love entering the room with creased brows and ruffled hair. He was muttering to himself like he always did, saying something about how stupid Beau was perhaps and when he looked through his mind briefly he heard just that, along with the added bonus of saying how much he loved him, however, and Beau smiled.

The taller boy groaned again at the pulsing behind his eyes and pushed himself up on the pillows.

Five looked up at him, green eyes wide and worrisome. "Beau." He rushed over, "Hey, don't get up, you're hurt."

"I'm fine." Beau brushed him off, waving a dismissive hand as he sat himself up on the bed. He squinted even with the sun peering through or the overhead light turned on but he was okay.

Five huffed at his partner's stubbornness. "Shows how much you listen to me, huh?"

"What happened?"

"One of the Swedes knocked you out. Crept up behind you." He dabbed a wet cloth over Beau's forehead tenderly, eyes showing his concern that he held even still.

Beau frowned and grabbed Five's wrist, placing his other hand on the boy's cheek as if to check for any visible injuries. "Are you okay?" He held his chin softly, tilting side to side.

"I'm fine." Five shook off the hold, "You're the one that got hurt."

"Oh, no I can handle this, it's nothing."

"Please, you're gonna make it worse." Five watched warily but didn't move to help when Beau moved his legs over the side of the bed.

"What time is it?"

"Uh, around nine."

Beau hummed and stood up much to the annoyance of both his lover and his own head that continued to pulse painfully. "We have to check on the kid."

"Can't you get some rest first?"

"No can do, baby, we got places to be and it's already late."

"Fine but you're not walking anywhere." Five grabbed his hand, throwing the cloth down without another argument against the idea.

"Yes, sir." Beau grinned fondly.

Five did his thing and the pair were instantly transported inside Beau and Jude's home but, oddly enough, the boy wasn't there to greet like he normally would, not there to fall off his seat at the jumpscare or run in from his room to wrap his arms around Beau.

No, something was awfully wrong.

And then he saw it.

Gut-wrenching screams were quick to fill the deafening silence as wide glistening eyes found blood smeared and pooled over the scuffed wood flooring. 

There lay a small body in the middle of the room, ivory fingers stained red and eyes empty staring into nothingness. Once rosy cheeks were deathly pale and pink lips chapped; open as if silently crying out for help.