08

Beau realised quickly that communication was a lot more important than he thought when it came to relationships. Knowing how to convey your feelings was even more important so the other person could understand. Five couldn't read minds, obviously, and he was doing a great job at keeping Beau out of his head so it was only a matter of time before things were blown out of proportion, he was just glad they got to talk before there was a time when everything got a little too serious and a little too real.

It seemed the act of making up was something neither Beau nor Five were used to as a still tense air surrounded them, yet things were so much more out in the open and they could actually breathe. Without feeling the need to talk further, the odd couple just went about as usual and even with Diego in pain, he could see something had changed between them drastically.

But once that was all said and done, Beau had to leave so he could check on someone at home that may or may not be having a small breakdown without anyone there to calm him. There were nights were Jude could barely get ahold of himself and he sobbed and cried until he passed out in the early hours of the morning but that was before Beau and Beau would do anything he could to make sure the young boy felt safe and comforted as he should be.

Beau entered the room to see his partner seemingly stressing himself once again over one thing or another. Beau pursed his lips, catching Five's attention when he moved to put his coat on, "I have to go home."

Five almost jumped in his seat, fear and doubt swimming in his eyes, "What? Why?"

"I know you may not like it but I have to check on Jude. You can come with me if you want." Beau straightened his clothes absentmindedly, worried about the reaction he was about to receive due to bringing up the certain boy.

"But he's an adult, he can look after himself." Five half-heartedly glared, obviously fatigued after their fight and talking of feelings that were so unusual to both of them.

"No, he's still a child with a fucked up childhood and a father that is still out to hurt him." Knowing the drunk he could be looking for an opportunity to take Jude away when Beau wasn't around, he would be too intoxicated to lurk in the shadows and would instead follow him home, "I need to make sure he's alright before anything else."

"What do you mean hurt him?"

"I mean exactly that. You know how Reginald did all those things for research and experimentation, how he didn't intentionally inflict physical harm on us all the time? Jude's father does that for the hell of it."

Five paused for a moment as he thought, "You're saying Jude's abused and you saved him?"

"Pretty much."

Nodding solemnly, Five turned his gaze to the floor, "... I'm sorry I doubted you."

"You don't need to be sorry, love, it's all in the past." Beau caressed his partner's cheek gently, lifting his chin for their eyes to meet in a sudden piercing stare. Nothing was right in the world but at least the love they shared for each other was still strong.

All Five did was smile sweetly and grab hold of Beau's arm, sending them jumping through a portal and right into a living room that was all too familiar. 

Apparently, their presence surprised the occupant because a scream was quickly heard, followed by a bang possibly from a body hitting the floor and a chair toppling over behind them. 

There lay Jude, paint-covered hands hiding his face that was also smudged blue and pink and purple like it usually was. It was clear he had been working on one of his artworks even past midnight because Beau knew it was something that calmed Jude greatly.