6

"Ah, fuck." The person muttered, that I was laying on top of, mind you.

It was a dude's voice. One I had heard before.

"Levi?"

"Kennedy?" He replied as he groaned.

I still hadn't gotten off of him. I had knocked him to the ground and fallen on top of him.

"What are you doing out here?" I asked as I finally rolled off of him.

"What are you doing out here?" He retorted as he shakily got up. I could barely see him considering it was dark as shit and the trees hid the moonlight.

"Isabelle and I went on a walk."

"At night?"

"No, it was earlier. Before the sunset."

"Christ, where is she?" He mumbled in annoyance.

"She walked back a couple minutes ago."

"Why didn't you go with her?"

"I wanted to look at the stars."

"Jesus." He laughed, "it's pitch black and you don't know what's in these woods at night. You'd think you'd be smart enough to stick together."

"I know exactly what's in these woods at night, I've lived every summer of my life here. You are the one who doesn't know these woods." I snapped back.

Levi sighed, "Okay. But still, it's not safe to be out here alone at night."

"Then why are you out here alone at night?" I put my hands on my hips even though it was probably too dark for him to even see much.

"Because I'm looking for you!"

"Why? No one asked you to!" I retorted as I shivered in the wind.

"Because I'm your cabin counselor! "He replied with a deep voice as I watched him shrug his jacket off.

He had changed from earlier, he was now wearing jeans, a shirt, and a jacket overtop.

"So what?" I furrowed my eyebrows with a loud voice, "what does that matter!"

"Because I'm responsible for you!" He answered as he put his jacket around my shoulders, draping it over me. "If I don't know where you are, it's my problem!"

I rolled my eyes.

"Let's go." He muttered angrily. I started walking past him and he followed, keeping by my side.

"Why are you so bent out of shape? I was just having fun." I mumbled as I crossed my arms over my chest. His jacket was keeping me warm and, although he was annoying me, I appreciated it.

"It was just worrying. You didn't tell me where you went and it was getting dark."

"Aw, you were worried about me?" I said in a teasing voice.

He punched my arm lightly, "shut it."

"Did you tell anyone I was missing?"

"No."

"Why?"

"I didn't want to get us both in trouble."

"Oh."

"I had Marshall cover for us. Told him to say I was in the bathroom and you were grabbing your jacket if anyone asked."

"Thanks."

"Mhm."

We walked back to camp and he made me go gather around a fire pit with the rest of our cabin.