chapter thirty - three

ONE YEAR AGO

ONE YEAR AGO

NOVEMBER 17TH, 2014

I placed back and forth in my room out of worry, I haven't heard from Max since I left the coffee shop in the middle of chaos.

' relax, Jane, it's only been two hours. '

Yea, but two hours is a little bit too long, don't you think ? Especially if you're fighting a psycho. The sound of a knock at my bedroom window caused me to turn around, " Max, oh my god. "

She was still dressed in the suit, her mask pulled off - a swollen lip and a bruise laid on her sharp jawline. " Miss me ? ", She groaned in pain each time she moved a muscle. " I was worried sick - your shoulder. ", I gasped at the sight of the large wound.

" Oh, this thing ? It's nothing. ", She shrugged it off but I could tell she was in pain. I helped her over to my bed, " Watch your step. ", I told as she almost tripped over her own feet. " You stay here, I'm gonna grab the a aid kit. "

Cleaning Max's cuts I could feel her staring intentionally at me. " What ? ", I glanced up at her, " Why do you keep looking at me with those eyes ? " She tilted her head to the side, " Can't help it. "

She leaned in, " You're just so pretty. ", She mumbled before kissing my lips. I pulled away as she leaned into the kiss more, " Easy there, ladybug. " She snorted, " What did you just call me ? "

" You heard me. ", I smirked, placing a bandaid over her shoulder. " Hey, did you read the letter ? ", She asked, brushing a piece of hair behind my ear, our foreheads now touching. " You mean the letter ere you complimented me about eighty times ? "

" It wasn't that just that. " I twirled her red hair between my fingers, " I didn't see anything else written on there. "

" The part. " I questioned, " What part ? " She playfully rolled her eyes, " The part were I ask you to be my girlfriend. " I grinned, " Just wanted to hear you say it. "

" Oh, I know. ", She kissed me again.