chapter seven.

ONE YEAR AGO

ONE YEAR AGO

September 22th, 2014.

I stepped into the comic shop, my hair damp from the rain. I wiped my murky boots on the ' welcome ' sign, that sat infront of the door.

" Jane !? ", Robin shouted, waving me over.
I rushed over to her with a smile on my face. " Hi ! " She came out from behind the counter, hugging me.

" My gosh, I haven't seen you in so long. ", She beamed, holding my face with her hands, squishy my cheeks together. " Robin. ", I laughed. She let out a chuckle, " You used to come here every friday with the others, what happened ? " I shrugged, " High school. " She makes a face of disgust as I mentioned the word, " Ugh, highschool, glad I got out of that hell hole. "

" Where's Steve ? ", I asked, noticing the older boy hasn't greeted me yet. " Ah, he's on a hot date. " , She wiggles her brows. My eyes widened, " A date ? With who ?! "

She smirks, " Can't say. " I pouted, " Come on, just tell me. " She shook her head, " I can't ! " I playfully rolled my eyes, " Fine, fine, how are you and Vickie doing ? "

Robin sighed dreamily, " Amazing. " I spent atleast two hours catching up with Robin during her shift, until it was time for her to close up. God, I really did miss her.

I kicked a pebble out my way, humming a  tune to myself

I kicked a pebble out my way, humming a  tune to myself. " The hell ? ", I grumbled, a pencil bouncing off my head. I looked up to see a pair of red converse dangling from the buliding above. " Sorry ! " I definitely recognized that voice. " Max ? What the hell are you doing up there ?! ", I shouted.

" Um....drawing ? ", she didn't sound so sure of herself. " How did you get up there ? " It took a moment until she gave me an answer, " The staris ! "

" Alright, I'm coming up ! ", I threw my bag over my shoulders, pushing the doors to the emergency exist open.

" You're shoe's untied. ", I smiled, standing at her side. " Oh. ", she murmured, tying her shoe. " How are you not terrified ? I can practically see our school from here. " Max shrugged, " The view is worth it. " I nodded, " If you say so. " She jokingly shakes her head, " I'm serious, the sunset is glorious. "

" Mind if I stay and watch then ? ", I questioned. " Not at all. ", She retorted, patting the spot next to her.

I glanced over at Max in awe. Her ocean blues eyes glittering in the rays of the sun, feckless scattered across her face. Her fiery red hair sat on her shoulders spilling it's way down to earth. " Pretty. ", I blurted out, and I felt the heat rush to my face.

" I'm sorry, what ? ", She let out a short laugh, I noticed that she too had a light blush painted onto her cheeks. I cleared my throat, " The sunset, it's pretty. "

" Oh, right. "

Ignoring the butterflies that swarmed in my stomach, I placed my head down on her shoulder. " I miss you. ", I told her. I watched as she hesitantly placed her hand on top of mine, causing me to suck in a sharp breath.

" I miss you too, Jane. "