chapter eighteen.

ONE YEAR AGO

ONE YEAR AGO

November 1, 2014

I walked into the the Henderson household, calling out Dustin's name. " In here ! ", He shouted back. " Close your eyes. ", He opened the door as I stepped in with my eyes closed.

" Open. "

My fingers rubbed against the material of the suit, my eyes taking in it's beauty. " Dustin this is amazing. Thank you. "

" Please, I know that. ", He dictated. I rolled my eyes, " You know, it wouldn't hurt to say thank you." He laughed, " Actually it would, but you're welcome. "

" Now, go try it on. ", He shooed me out the room.

" Okay, okay ! "

I pulled the mask over my face, staring at myself in the mirror. It was amazing, he was able to make it were I could still see clearly, without my eyes being exposed. The suit was mostly black - along with a few touches of red, it also had the tiniest gray stripes, and a red graffiti like spider laid across my chest.

" You done ? ", Dustin knocked on the door. I opened the bathroom door, letting him step inside. He placed his hands on his hips," Damn, you look badass. "

" You think ? "

" Yup, but two more things, actually. " I cranned my neck to the side, " What ? " He t
removed the mask, " You see this hole ? "

" Uh, yeah. " I was bit confused, wondering were his point was getting to. " Put your hair into a ponytail. " Suddenly a light bulb switched in my head, " Oh, it's a ponytail thing ?! "

" Mhm. "

I put the mask back on, slipping the ponytail through the hole. " Sweet. ", I commented. " So, what was the second thing ? "

He reached into the pocket of his jacket, " I also created this hood, for the suit, but I was wondering if you wanted it ? "

" Hell, yeah, I want it. It'll make me look cooler. "

I stood in the middle of Dustin's room as he added a few more touches to the suit. " Hey, Dustin ? How am I supposed to shoot webs, if my wrists are covered ?  " He waved me over, " See these tiny holes that are placed were the wrists should be ? "

" Yup. ", I said, popping the ' p '. " Well, if you put two and two together, it should allow you to do your spidey shit, or whatever. "

" Sassy. ", I stated, ruffling my fingers through his hair.

" Hey ! Not the hair ! "

I sat at the large dinner table with my family, ' enjoying ' my sad dinner

I sat at the large dinner table with my family, ' enjoying ' my sad dinner. " Mike, could you pass me the salt ? ", My sister, Nancy, asked." Don't forget, we're opening up another buliding, next week. Mike, you get to cut that big red ribbon. ", My father smiled, widely.

" Yup, I'm so excited. " I smiled back, mentally rolling my eyes. " Mike, are you bringing , Jane , as your plus one ? ", My mom questioned, scooping peas onto Holly's plate. I groaned, " No, Mom. I told you, me and Jane broke up. "

" Oh, I'm so - "

" You know what, son, you should see what we got going on at the lab. I'm sure it'll get your mind off that Hopper girl. "

No, dad I do not want to spend my day talking with your werid fucking science buddies.

" Sure, I'd love to, dad. "

I also didn't want to hurt his feeling.

" Great ! "

" Can I come too, dad ? I would love to see what you're working on. ", Nancy interrupted. My dad shook his head, wiping his hands on his towel, " Nancy, a science lab is no place for a young girl, like you, you may get hurt. "

" But, dad , I'm eighteen. "

" You heard what I said, young lady. ", He scoffed. My sisters and I give each other side eyes.

" He's a dickwad. ", She mouthed.

" That he is. ", I mouthed back before chewing down my potatoes.