My dad tosses the phone to me and walks out, leaving me all alone and helpless. "DAD! DON'T LEAVE ME! I NEED YOUUUUU!" I pick up the phone from the bed and put it on speaker, setting it on my sore chest. "Davina.." I furrow my brows at Kayson's hoarse voice, a little pissed off at the fact that he'd call my dad before me. "You're a real dick." I mumble out, growing irritated more and more with every silent second after I speak. "I tried to call you, Davina." I laugh to myself but immediately stop when the pain comes back. "Shit. Goddamnit motherfucker." I ball my fists up while my face contorts with pain. "Are you okay, darling?" A smile smile creeps up onto my lips for just a second at the nickname, but leaves my lips as soon as I realize he has no right to call me that. "Nice of you to ask a month later, darling. I'm doing just fine and fucking dandy, darling. Now what the fuck did you want to say to me?"

A moment of eery silence goes on for a minute or two before he finally speaks. "I just didn't think what you did was smart.. Davina. You had a damn gun to your head and still acted like you were invincible. You scared me. You scared the fuck out of me when you just dropped. A bullet through your chest. You could've fucking DIED!" His voice is loud and intense, making me move the phone to my stomach, his voice being too much for me to handle. "You have no right to be mad. I did it FOR YOU! He was going to kill you and anyone who tried to harm him. So I did what needed to be done and distracted him with my beautiful little fucking smile and SAVED YOUR GODDAMN LIFE! So.. be nice to me." The drugs those doctors prescribed me are starting to kick in, I'm absolutely delirious, I sound fucking high. "You know what, Davina. I love you. I'll see you in three months. I'll be there to stay. So be fucking ready." Before I can comprehend what he says, he hangs up. He leaves me fucking dumbfounded at the new information.

"DAD!"
                   - — - — - — - — - — - — -
Kayson's pov
                                 9:00 p.m.

"She pisses me the fuck off, Willow.. and she sounded fucking high." She looks at me and rolls her eyes, and she doesn't look happy. "At least she's FUCKING ALIVE! Or did it NOT occur to you that she BARELY MADE IT OUT." She's pissed. She's screaming at me. I'm actually fucking petrified. I look down at my feet and soak in the nice air I'm about to get taken from my lungs. "You were too busy being fucking mad at her to comprehend the real problem here. That alone tells me everything." I finally grow some balls and decide to argue, trying to prove I'm not a piece of shit. I look back up to Willow and furrow my brows, staying calm for the sake of both of our emotions. "I'm mad at her for risking her life for mine, Willow. I understand the situation. I just wish it wasn't her who had to pay the price." She gives me a quick go to hell look, crossing her arms across her chest. "Yes, Kayson. I got that much. But you were too angry for your own good. Now she thinks you don't care. All she wanted when Xander called was you. She wanted to know if you would be there when she woke up. You're mad, but she feels bad enough from getting shot.. and let's not forget who she was saving." My eyes close forcefully, her words doing something to me. "No one fucking told me that. I wouldn't have fucking LEFT."

Willow groans frustratedly, balling her fists up in anger. "YOU SHOULDN'T HAVE FUCKING LEFT ANYWAY, KAYSON. You're ALWAYS SULKING IN SADNESS WHEN YOU'RE AWAY FROM HER.. and you were so CLOSE to getting her to forgive you.." She looks at me with psychotic eyes and stomps her foot every time she's finished with each word. "Look, I'm saying this for her sake, not yours. She needs you to fight for her. She may talk big but she wants you and only you. I hear about everything. Though she hasn't spoken to me recently, I still know she needs you. So you need to suck up that cocky pride of yours and call her back." I shake my head and look back down at me feet. "She's got my number blocked or something. I call her and it goes straight to voicemail."
                   - — - — - — - — - — - — -
Davina's pov
                       May 7th, 4:00 a.m.

"What the fuck is this?" I mumble to myself, grabbing something digging into my stomach. I must've fallen asleep after my dad and I talked, he wasn't wrong about the sleep. I definitely needed it, but now there's a fucking phone in my stomach. I try to turn it on and see that it's dead. Like way dead. How long has this been here? And why's it tucked in my sheets? I groan loudly, plugging my phone into the charger, turning it on before I go back to sleep. I turn back around and try to get some more sleep, but I hear my phone start to ring. "What the fuck." My hoarse voice is loud against the silence. I grab onto my phone and see that I missed a call from Kayson.. or like 76. Oops.

I click on his number and wait for it to ring, but as soon as the first ring goes through, Kayson's on the line. "Davina?" I let out a loud sigh letting him know I'm here. "Davina. Willow yelled at me and told me to talk to you, but I don't know if you even want to talk to me. I don't want to lose you, well I can't lose you. I'd actually die if you were gone. Like actu-" I lay there with my eyes closed, soaking in his rambling words. "Kayson. It may be noon for you, but it's four in the morning here.. So could you just like.. slow down?" He takes a deep breath on the other side of the phone, his breathing terrifyingly shaky when he does. "I didn't know you wanted me there with you, Davina. I was just being selfish and left. Please don't shut me out again..please." My head spins with the worried tone in his voice, making me feel kind of bad. "You mean no one told you I was asking for you? No one?"

He sounds like he wants to cry. He sounds so sad. So vulnerable. "No, baby. If I'd known I'd be there with you right now. I'm so sorry. I just left you alone during the scariest thing you've lived through. I feel like a piece of shit for it, Davina. I'm so sorry." His voice cracks when he speaks, and tears threaten to fall from my eyes. I even my breathing, not letting his emotions affect me, before telling him something I'm sure he doesn't want to hear. "Look, Kayson. We need to think about what we're doing to ourselves. You and I.. we're breaking more and more everyday, because of each other." My breathing is rigid and sharp, as if I could die from the conversation I'm in. He gasps suddenly, repeating the words 'nonono' over and over again. "Davina, no. Please, no. I can't do it without you any longer." I can hear the heartbreak in his voice, the shakiness. The broken silence that comes after his words. I take a deep breath, scared of what his reactions might be when I speak. "Kayson.. W-we can't be together anymore."

He lets out a quiet breath. A broken sigh. A pain filled sound. The only words that come from his lips after are the last words I'd hoped I'd hear..

An agonizing sound his voice cracking comes with.

"No.. no no no no. You can't-" I can practically see the tears coming down his cheeks through my closed eyes. A loud, unbearable silence fills the room. No sound of happiness. No sound of our love. No proof of everything that we once had. "Baby, it's not forever. Just until I know how to be happy for you.." His voice is still absent, his breathing is still rigid, and our hearts are still aching.

"I love you, Kayson. Don't wait for me. If someone else makes you happy.. you go for that person."
                   - — - — - — - — - — - — -

"                   - — - — - — - — - — - — -

Chapter 36!

This is getting rough for my boy Kayson.. it'll get better soon enough though.🫠

Feedback??🫣

Vote, comment, and communicate . Love you.❤️

Comment a 💅🏼 if you read this far.