Chapter 23_Jane's Time

----------------IN LONGBOURN - BENNET'S ESTATE________

Lydia was on the road away from home. While the rest of the Bennetts starts to come back inside after waving Lydia away. 

----------------IN LONGBOURN________

Mama, Jane, Lizzie and Y/n going through town.

Mrs Bennett (mumbling) : Can't imagine what your father does with all that ink.

 When a man called Milliner stops them to deliver them news. 

Milliner : Mrs. Bennett. 

They all did a small curtsey/bow to each other as a greeting. 

Milliner : Did you hear the news, Madam? Mr. Bingley is returning to Netherfield. 

Mrs Bennett :  Mr. Bingley? 

Millner :  Mrs Nichols is ordering a haunch of pork. She expects him tomorrow. 

Mrs. Bennett :  tomorrow? (PAUSE) Not that I care about him. Mr. Bingley's nothing to us. I'm sure I never want to see him again. No. We shan't mention a word about it. (begin to turn away from the conversation only to turn to milliner again) Is it quite certain he's coming? 

Milliner : yes madam. I believe he is alone. His sister remains in town. 

Mrs. Bennett : So. Why he thinks we should be interested, I've no idea. Come along girls. 

They all curtsey/bow and starts to walk in the direction of home. 

Mrs. Bennett : Let's go at once Lizzie, and tell Mr Bennett the impudence of the man. I wonder he dare show his face.

Mrs Bennett and Lizzie walks further front with Jane and Y/n behind. 

Y/n lightly holds Jane's arm, tugging it a bit to get her attention. Only for Jane to turn to face Y/n and stop the both of them to talk. 

Jane : It's all right Y/n. 

I'm...I'm just glad he has come alone because then we shall see less of him. Not that I'm afraid of myself. But I dread other people's remarks. (she then quickly turnaround bumping shoulder with a passerby) Oh, I'm sorry. (then quickly continue her way home leaving Y/n a little bit behind).

______________________________

----------------IN LONGBOURN - DRAWING ROOM________