Chapter 9_The Bennets

NOTE :  

Sorry for the long pause and wait for the continuing chapters, I've been busy however I will try and continue again and try to finish this book as soon as possible. 

Thank You so much for those of you who commented and love this book. Thank you for your patience and again sorry for the wait. 

Hope you Enjoy !🌹😊✨     :)   ;)  <3

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The doors open. The Footman as before:

Footman : A Mrs Bennet, a Miss Bennet, a Miss Bennet and a Miss Bennet, sir.

Caroline : Oh for heaven's sake, Are we to receive every Bennet in the country?!

—------------In the Drawing Room; Netherfield________

Mrs. Bennet : What an excellent room you have sir. Such expensive furnishings. I hope you intend to stay here, Mr Bingley.

Mr. Bingley : Absolutely, I find the country very diverting. Don't you agree, Darcy?

Mr. Darcy : I find it perfectly adequate, even if society is a little less varied than in town.

Mrs. Bennet : Less varied? Not at all! We dine with four and twenty families of all shapes and sizes. Sir William Lucas for instance is a very agreeable man. A good deal less self-important than some people of half his rank.

Lizzie and Y/n cringes.

Lydia : Mr Bingley, is it true that you have promised to hold a ball here at Netherfield?

Mr. Bingley : A ball? Mmh..

Lydia : It would be an excellent way to meet new friends. You could invite the militia. They are excellent company.

Kitty : Oh do hold a ball!

Y/n : (trying to stop Mr. Bingley being bamboozled) Kitty. *giving a stern look and discrete shake of the head as to say 'no'/'stop'.*

Mr. Bingley : When your sister has recovered you shall name the day.

Mary : I think a Ball is a perfectly irrational way to gain new acquaintances. It would be better if conversation instead of dancing were the order of the day.

Caroline : Indeed much more rational but rather less like a ball.

Lizzie & Y/n : Thank you, Mary. *giving her a small smile*

Mr. Bingley : (to Mrs Bennet) Please let me show you to Jane, you will find her quite recovered.

—----------------------------------------------

The Bennet's carriage awaits. The Bingleys and Darcy are gathered to see the Bennets off.

Jane : (to the Bingleys) I don't know how to thank you.

Bingley beams bashfully.

Mr. Bingley : You're welcome anytime you feel the least bit poorly. I mean - you're welcome at any time, but not any less welcome if you know you're -

He hands her into the carriage, still babbling. Jane remains demure but with a smile.

—---------------------------------------------

[y/n, Lizzie and Caroline were behind, heading towards the carriage]

Y/n : Thank you for your stimulating company.

Lizzie : Yes. It was most instructive.

Caroline : Not at all. The pleasure is all mine.

*We curtsy to Caroline*

Lizzie looks at Darcy, who bows wordlessly.

Lizzie : Mr Darcy.

Darcy : Miss Bennet.

Lizzie then bow towards Mr. Bingley with a smile, before he hands her to the carriage. And now y/n was the last person entering the carriage.

Y/n : (smiles) Mr. Bingley, thank you for your kind hospitality again as well as taking care of my sister.

Mr. Bingley : Not at all, my pleasure.

*Both bowing to each other, then y/n turns to Darcy*

y/n : (small smile) Mr. Darcy.

Darcy : Miss Bennet.

Maintaining his glacial exterior, Darcy moves forward and, before Bingley can do so, hands y/n into her carriage.

She gives him a surprised glance as their hands meet and then, watch his next moves confusedly and observe further 

Darcy turns without a second glance and flexes his hands which were not missed by y/n ( which looked to y/n something someone does when touching something dirty or disgusting, which confuses her and makes her feel hurt a bit )

Caroline watches him narrowly. Bingley starts to wave violently as the carriage draws off.

---------------------------------------------------

To Be Continued.................................