Chapter Forty-Five

After showering in the communal bathrooms offered to the remaining contestants, Reagan returned to her tent where she spent the rest of the moonlight hours twiddling her thumbs and biding her time. She didn't want to go out there and play friendly with people she'd possibly have to kill in the morning. She didn't want to chance encountering reporters. Or worse. She didn't want to see Annaliese.

Instead, in her own company, she waited for Killian to arrive.

As the hours ticked on, she gave up hope on him coming. The sky was starting to lighten. The sun would be coming up soon.

When it got light out, there'd be no chance for him to come. The sun would fry him before he got near what with the anti portal jumping and teleportation barriers.

Just before she gave up completely, the zip to the front of her tent pulled back. The vampire of the hour ducked his muddy blonde head of hair inside, shuffling his body through before locking it once more.

She watched him from the other end of the tent, somewhat stunned to see him.

"You came."

"Of course I came."

"I didn't think you were going to."

He sat down to pull his boots off, abandoning them next to the entrance.

"I told you we'd be talking strategy and here I am."

"Here you are." She watched him abandon his jacket with them. "You didn't leave it half late."

"But you're still awake and waiting." He dropped a backpack down too, presumably containing the rest of his belongings.

"You told me to wait," She reasoned.

"You listened."

"Of course I listened. Why did you leave it so late?"

"Fucking Petrov's spent the last few hours sniffing around my tent. I didn't know what he wanted. I sure as hell wasn't going to lead him to you."

Because he's put his claim on me.

Killian had accepted her as his. The thought of anyone else having her drove him mad.

Rightfully so.

"The sun will be coming up soon," She told him softly.

"What about it?"

The tents had been designed for vampire guests. They'd been crafted with material thick enough to stop the sunlight from reaching the inside.

"There's an anti-teleportation spell covering the area."

Meaning there'd be no teleporting from here back to his own tent.

"Your point being?"

"You'll be stuck in my tent if we don't make this quick."

Killian rolled his eyes, sitting on the ground across from her. Neither of them paid any mind to the nearby sleeping bag.

"You say it like it's a bad thing."

"Don't you want to get back to your own tent?"

He didn't seem particularly bothered. "There's nothing in it but a sleeping bag."

Right, because he'd bought his stuff with him.

"You don't want time to yourself?" She asked.

"I don't need it."

"You'd be alright getting stuck in here until the sun goes down?"

"It'd be an added bonus." She smiled as he continued. "You say it like we haven't shared the same space for the last five years. Do I make you uncomfortable now?"