Part 24

You groaned as you made your way to where the aircraft landed, keeping your hand on your belly, while trying to support your back with the other. Maria's eyes widened when she saw you. "What are you doing here?"

"I had nothing better to do."You replied as the baby started to move, making you groan again.

"You're 9 months pregnant, you should be in bed."She said as the door to the aircraft opened and an injured Clint was being brought out. Maria started to walk towards the entrance and you followed after her. The only two left in the aircraft were Steve and Tony.

"Lab's all set up, boss." Maria called to Tony, who turned around in the chair.

"Uh, actually, he's the boss. I just pay for everything, and design everything and make everyone look cooler." Tony said, pointing to Steve.

"What's the word on Strucker?" Steve asked Maria as they began to walk away, leaving you and Tony.

"You should be in bed."Tony said.

"And you shouldn't be taking missions until the baby is born."You said as he walked up to you, placing a peck on your lips."I guess we both don't do what we're supposed to."

"They needed me for this one."Tony said."I'm sorry."He pouted as he looked at you.

"Do you know what date is today?"You raised an eyebrow at him.

"Your due date, yes, I know."He nodded.

You rolled your eyes as you looked at him."I should punch you for this."

"You should. But you won't, right?" He asked as he followed after you. "You could never hurt this face."

"Give me a back massage and maybe I won't."You said as you walked into the tower.

"I was planning a party tonight."Tony said.

"Really now?" You sighed. "I guess I'll go back to my old apartment tonight and pick up some stuff for the baby. Also, I miss Savannah and Phoebe."You added.

"You won't stay with us?"

"No. You guys have fun."You sent him a kiss and went to your room.

The next morning, you arrived back to the tower, only to be met with the sight of the ruined living room. There were glass shards everywhere, along with multiple broken bottles, bullet holes and knocked over furniture.

"What the hell happened here..." You whispered out, looking around and turning, when you came face to face with Natasha. "Nat. Thank God. What happened here?"

"Oh, you're here. Tony's been worried about you, you weren't answering his calls."She said, walking behind the bar and pulling a bottle from behind it.

You took your phone and tried unlocking it, when you realized it was dead."I didn't charge it. What happened?"

Natasha shrugged. "There was... a fight."

You sighed while rubbing your forehead. "What did Tony do this time?"

Some time later, you walked into the lab where Tony was, looking through papers. He didn't pay you any attention, and you knew he probably didn't even hear you come in."Tony."You spoke softly, approaching him.

He looked up when he heard your voice and you saw a relieved look on his face."Honey, you're back."

"I am."You nodded, letting him pull you into a hug."Are you okay? You're not hurt, are you? Nat told me what happened."

"I'm okay."He said, placing a peck on your lips."We're leaving again, we're supposed to go on a mission. I have to fix what I caused. You should stay at your apartment, that's the safest place for you right now."

You listened to Tony and stayed in your apartment for the following days. As soon as they left, that same day you saw the news report on the mess they caused, and the way Bruce lost control, fighting with Tony all over the city.

After that, you saw the comments about them all over the social media, and you called Tony but he didn't answer you. You couldn't reach him for two days after that.

You walked out of the shower that day and returned to the living room. The TV was on, but you didn't pay it much attention, not until you heard the word Avengers. You looked towards the TV and your lips parted when you realized what was happening. They were fighting in a country called Sokovia, and as far as you could gather, the land was separated in two and they were evacuating people, while Tony and the others were fighting Ultron.

Your heart sped up and you felt like you could faint at the moment. "Oh God. Oh God." You started to panic, looking around the apartment for your phone, but you couldn't find it.

Your breath was almost knocked out of your lungs when you felt sharp pain spread through your belly and water gushing out of you. You looked down at the water on your floor, and realized you were in labor.

You were about to give birth, and Tony wasn't there.