Part 23

The next day, the aircraft landed on the Avengers Tower and the team walked out one by one. Tony was among the last, but when he finally walked out, he saw Maria Hill quickly approaching him.

"Tony!" She tried to catch his attention.

Tony exchanged a glance with Steve, who shrugged. "Something wrong, Hill?"

Her face was completely serious and she nodded. "It's about Y/N."

Tony felt his heart drop to his stomach. "What about her?"

He doesn't think he ever drove that fast as he did in those few minutes until he reached the hospital. Not bothering to park the car properly, he only stopped it in front of the hospital and ran inside. He reached the reception desk and saw the woman looking at him in confusion.

"Y/N Y/L/N."He quickly said your name, and the woman typed it into the computer.

"She's still in surgery."The woman replied before giving him directions to where he could wait.

When he made his way to where the operating room was, he found Savannah and Phoebe waiting in front as well.

"Tony."

"Did anybody tell you what's going on?" Tony asked them.

"She was stabbed in her stomach. Some woman, Maria, called us and the only thing we know is that they think it was HYDRA."Savannah said.

"I knew I shouldn't have gone on that mission."Tony said.

"Hey, don't think about that now. She will be fine."Phoebe cut in."I know it. She has to be."She added, wiping off a tear from her cheek.

The door opened and Tony saw a doctor walked out, his eyes scanning over the three of them."Y/N Y/L/N?"He asked.

"That's us."Tony said, quickly approaching the doctor.

"The surgery is finished, Miss Y/L/N will be transferred into a room after we wake her up."

"Is she okay?" Tony asked.

The doctor nodded. "She was brought here in time, luckily. She lost a lot of blood, too. Both, her and the baby are okay for now, but we can't guarantee anything about the baby further on, it is still critical. We will keep her here under observation for a few days."

Tony nodded, feeling tears burn in his eyes. As soon as he finds out who did this, he will kill them with his bare hands. He couldn't even think about you two losing the baby, he knew both of you were so happy about it and now it could be taken from you.

Soon, you were transferred into your room and Tony was the first to visit you. He found you laid on the bed, with tubes and needles in your body as you received the necessary medications. You were staring at the wall when the door opened and you looked towards them, only to see it was Tony.

"Tony!" You said, trying to rise from the bed and sit up, but were stopped when you felt sharp pain in your stomach. You let out a wince and Tony was quick to approach you.

"Hey, hey. Don't get up. You need to rest."He said, adjusting your pillow before he took a seat on the chair by your side.

"You're back."You said slowly, the anesthesia still making you sleepy.

"I am. Are you feeling better now?"

You nodded. "I'm fine now."You placed your hand on your belly, rubbing it."I was so scared, Tony. I thought we're gonna lose her."

"Don't think about that now."Tony took your hand and raised it to his lips before he placed a soft kiss on the back of your hand."Just focus on getting better."