Part 9

"I didn't think you'd be leaving us this soon." Phoebe said, a sad expression on her face as she watched you from her balcony. Meanwhile, you stared right at her from your balcony. Days have passed since you moved in and Tony let you decorate the apartment however you wanted and paid for everything. Of course, you didn't change many things, not wanting to spend his money even though he encouraged you to.

"We're literally next to each other."You said.

Phoebe sighed."How are you holding up?"

You shrugged, and Phoebe noticed the sad look on your face.

"What's up?" She asked.

"I'm fine." You said. "It's just... I don't have anything to do. Every single day is the same: morning walk, breakfast, spending the day in the apartment, lunch, dinner and then going to sleep." You finally confessed, while Phoebe frowned at you. Even Tony didn't visit you anymore as often as he did before. You heard the Avengers had more missions now, searching for Loki's scepter, so you guessed that was why he couldn't visit you anymore.

You didn't want to annoy him, so you spent the days closed up in your apartment.

"But we're here."Phoebe said, the frown still present on her face.

"Yeah, but all of you guys have jobs and other things in your life. You can't spend your days entertaining me. I just wish I had something to do."

That afternoon, Phoebe managed to get the billionaire's number, only to call him immediately. "Is this Stark?"

"Who is this?" The billionaire asked, his voice sounding tired.

"It's Phoebe. Y/N's friend."

"Oh. Why are you calling me? Did something happen to Y/N?" He asked and the panic could be heard in his voice. Phoebe smiled when she realizes he didn't ask if anything happened to the baby, but to you.

"No, your baby mama's fine." Phoebe replied. "She's just... well, she's miserable."

That evening, you were on the couch of your living room, eating a bag of chips and watching TV when there was a knock on your door.

You turned towards the door, aware you weren't expecting anyone.

"Who is it?" Your shaky voice called out as you were slowly getting up from the couch.

"It's me." You recognized the voice as Tony's and you breathed out.

"What are you doing here?" You asked him once you opened the door.

Tony looked taken aback. "Oh, wow. Is that how you greet me?"

You sighed. "Sorry. I just... Well, I wasn't expecting you."

"I had to come and see how you're doing." He said, leaning against the doorframe.

"Oh."

"Well?" He raised an eyebrow as he looked at you, only to find you furrowing your eyebrows in confusion. He chuckled at how adorable you looked. "How are you doing?"

"Well, the baby's fine. I was at a check-up a week ago. It's doing fine."You smiled.

Tony found himself smiling as well."That's great. Now, tell me how you feel, sweetheart."

Your heart skipped a beat and you looked up at Tony."Me?"

"Yeah. I asked how you're doing, didn't I?"

"I'm fine." You said, but Tony didn't seem convinced.

"Really?"

"Yeah."

Tony poked his inner cheek with his tongue, looking somewhere behind you before his gaze focused back on you. He crossed his arms as he looked at you. "Alright. Grab your jacket, we're going out."

"What? Where?"

Tony smiled. "It's a secret, but I think you'll like it."

"Fine." As you turned to grab your jacket, something caught Tony's eye and he immediately followed after you.

"When did that happen?" He asked and you looked at him in confusion once again.

"What are you talking about?"

You followed his gaze to the bump that made its appearance only a few days ago, and it was visible under your tight shirt. "A few days ago. I just woke up one morning and it was there."

Tony found himself unable to look away, his hand hovering above your stomach, staring at it with his lips parted open. "Can I touch it?"

"Go ahead." You nodded and Tony lowered his hand until it was resting across the still small bump, a large grin making its way to his face.

"It's growing." He finally whispered out.

Some time later, you were all dressed and were now sat in Tony's car, watching the city lights as you passed them. Tony looked over at you, his heart warming up at the sight of you.

"Can we stop there?" You asked, looking at Tony, then at the restaurant as Tony drove by it.

Tony didn't question you, he just nodded and turned the car, parking in front of the restaurant. He was about to leave the car, when he noticed you weren't moving from your seat. Instead, you were biting on your lower lip as you were thinking about something.

"Aren't you gonna eat?" He asked you and you finally looked up at him.

"Maybe you should get a take-out. Maybe someone could see us together and-"

Tony looked at you in question.

He had hundreds of papparazzi following his every move every day, if anyone took a picture of you together there would be so much rumours and you were sure Tony didn't need to deal with another situation concerning you.

"I don't care." Tony said, leaving the car before he made his way to your side and opened the door for you."They can look all they want."

You bit on your lower lip before you stepped out.

Both, Tony and you got cheeseburgers and fries and you were in heaven from how good they tasted. You leaned back in the chair, rubbing your stomach over the hoodie you were wearing.

"You still have your fries left." Tony said, raising an eyebrow at you.

"Oh, I can't eat anymore. You can have them."

"What? No."

"Oh come on, Tony." You grabbed a piece and offered it up to Tony, who only looked at you. "Eat it."

He rolled his eyes before he ate the fries from your hands. He was full as well, but he couldn't bring himself to say no to you.

After you both ate, Tony took you to a drive-in cinema. The truth was, Tony had no idea what movie you were watching. He knew it was some old, black and white type of movie, but he didn't know the name.

He was too focused watching you as the light coming from the large screen illuminated your face in the dark night, you were eating popcorn as your eyes moved across the screen, watching the movie carefully.

"Oh, I think they're gonna confess their feelings now." You mumbled out, making Tony look at the screen briefly, noticing the couple.

"Who?"

You looked at him, lips parted in surprise. "Seriously? Are you watching the movie?"

Tony cleared his throat. "Of course I am."

After the movie was over, Tony took you back to your apartment where he made sure to follow you all the way to your door to make sure you arrived safely.

"Thank you for tonight, Tony. I had so much fun." You told him before kissing his cheek and walking into your apartment.

Tony stood there, alone, in surprise, wondering what just happened. He blinked, raising his hand to his cheek where you just kissed him and a smile made its way on his face.

He walked away from your door, knowing the small break from work he took was officially over and he had to go back and continue the search for the scepter.