Part 18

You were in the kitchen, eating your breakfast and reading a book about pregnancy and parenting in the first months, when Tony walked into the kitchen as well.

"Good morning." He placed a peck on your cheek, rubbing your belly that was getting bigger by each passing day before he walked to the fridge and opened it, grabbing orange juice and pouring himself a glass of it.

"When did you got up?" You asked.

"At 5. I was in the gym until now." You gave him a look and he rolled his eyes."I took a shower, don't worry about it."

"Good."

"What are you having?" He asked, looking at the plate before he looked at you. "Really?"

"What?" You asked him before taking a bite.

"I told you you can't eat that amount of spicy food." He told you. "I'm going to make you a normal breakfast."

"You know how to cook?" You asked and Tony turned to you, offended, as he was taking ingredients for breakfast out of the fridge. You looked up at him and winked.

"For your information, I do know how to cook." Tony said, but that didn't assure you.

He saw you grab your phone and type in something before placing it on the table.

"What are you doing?"

You shrugged. "I just thought it'd be smart to call the fire department in time."

"Very funny."He said as he began cooking. "So, what are you reading?"

"Well, did you know our baby is as big as an avocado now?" You asked and Tony found a soft smile appearing on his face. Our baby, he thought.

"Is she?"

You glared at his back. "He is."

"Are you guys still arguing about the baby's gender?"Natasha asked, walking into the kitchen to grab an apple. "We're gonna find out the gender soon."

"We don't care, as long as it's healthy, the gender doesn't matter." Tony replied. "But Miss Y/N here can't seem to accept the fact our baby is a girl, which means she lost."

"I hate you." You mumbled out before you looked at Natasha. "I will not lose."

"Do you plan on magically changing her gender?"Tony asked and Natasha turned on her heels before she quickly walked out.

You scoffed, deciding not to answer him. Soon, a smell of something burning filled the air and you quickly got up, making your way to Tony, only to see the eggs he tried to make were now burning.

"Oh dear God." You mumbled out before you moved the pan away from the stove and threw the eggs to the trash before placing the pan in the sink.

"That did not go as planned." Tony said, watching your every move. He placed a hand over the corner of the table before your belly could come in contact with it. You always seemed to forget just how big your belly had grown and would always bump into things, which is why Tony would always follow you to make sure that did not happen.

"Do you not know how to make eggs?"You turned towards Tony."Come on, I'll show you."

"You should be resting, you know?"Tony asked.

"I'll have plenty of time to rest. Now, grab more eggs from the fridge."

A few minutes later, you two were sat by the table, both eating breakfast while you were flipping the pages of the book. Tony breathed out when your face turned serious once again because of what you read. "You should stop. You're only scaring yourself."

"Did you know that during birth-"

"I don't wanna know!" Tony quickly interrupted you.

Your eyes narrowed at him. "You should. What if we can't make it to the hospital in time?"

Tony looked at you in question."Why not?"

"Plenty of reasons. Like... We get stuck in traffic, or your car breaks down, or-"

"What are you suggesting?" This time, Tony looked at you with his eyes narrowed.

You shrugged. "I'm not saying it will happen, but you would probably have to assist me with giving birth."

Tony's face looked horrified and his fork dropped from his hand onto the plate. "Me?" He asked, gulping, then looked down at your belly. "I only know how to put them in, not take them out."

You let out a groan before you got up from your seat and closed the book."You are impossible. Forget this. If that happens, I will give birth alone."

Tony let out a chuckle, leaning back in his chair and grabbing your wrist before you could walk away. "Wait, wait, sweetheart. I was joking."

"You're annoying." You told him, glaring at him, while he looked up at you with puppy eyes.

"Maybe." He grabbed something out of his pocket and placed it on the table. "Your vitamins."

He chuckled to himself as he gave you a glass of water and was, once again, met with your glare.