#𝗱𝗮𝘄𝗴𝘀

short scrap

✰✰✰
.·:*¨༺ ༻¨*:·.

my dog bowie was most definitely my best friend. he was two years old now, and as of now i was only thinking back to when i'd first gotten him.

i remember my mom saying if i got him, he was mine to take care of and i never let her live that down. sometimes today she still wants me to bring him to her place and it's cute, and i do but after reminding her she never wanted him.

the day i got him was a great one. stranger things 3 press was somewhat around the corner, finn and i were in san diego, and it was one of those days where we didn't have to do anything.

he held onto my hand tightly, i wore both his sunglasses and his shirt as we walked into the small shop and bowie was right there. i knew i wanted him because we came yesterday but now i'd be going home with him.

the paperwork didn't take as long as i expected it too, and right now finn carried bowie carefully as we walked out. i was practically jumping in excitement as i watched him.

he was currently a baby flat coated retriever, and get this, he had a birthmark nearly the shape of a perfect star, right beside his right eye. his eyes were colored and he was beautiful.

i cried at least once holding him, and finn leaned over to calmly kiss the corner of my mouth, laughing at me while glancing at bowie who we both geeked over.

"holy shit his birthmark." finn smiled, petting him and taking him into his own arms as i began to drive.

i knew i was naming my dog bowie the minute i first saw him, finn knew that too. looking at his birthmark made it all connect, and from there we drove to my apartment, where we struggled immensely.

they said bowie couldn't walk on anything that isn't sanitized, and i figured he'd be okay either way. a dog has to build an immune system somehow.

when we got home, i wanted to let him wander around while finn practically hovered him.

"mm - mm, not there buddy." he winced each time bowie touched the cold floors of mine, and continuously followed him around.

so yes, bowie got attached. and let me tell you, that shit was annoying.

we laid in my bed that night and watched several movies, bowie was soon with us after one cry, which resulted in finn getting up and grabbing him.

when i tried to call him over he ignored me, and when finn handed him over, he climbed across my chest right back to finn's, who giggled at that.

i nudged him in response and he shrugged.

"i'm his mom. he's supposed to like me more." i meant for that to come off as a diss, but finn didn't catch it, he only smiled more and looked over to me with this faint laugh.

"sorry, he likes his dad more."

"shut up." i groaned, attempting to take bowie away once again, which only resulted in him crying.

finn wolfhard took my dog, yes he was my boyfriend and as he liked to call himself, bowie's dad but still, i was super jealous.

bowie was fast asleep on finn, taking my spot on his chest and finn taking well my dog.

over the next few months i enjoyed watching them together. bowie grew, finn walked him every time we went out and that was his absolute best friend.

bowie liked me too now, thankfully. i drove home which was around an hour out from la for my family's christmas party they decided to host, and finn sat in the passenger seat, holding my hand but also petting bowie who calmly sat in the back.

being dog parents was super cool. but one time finn accidentally closed the door on bowie who waited in the hallway until we noticed, it wasn't too long but finn felt so bad he took him down to the park.

finn and i have taught him so many words and tricks too. i'd say we're doing pretty good. i mean he isn't running around with finn's underwear anymore so that's a good grade in our book.

still today i can't really go a while without my dog. i'm as attached to him as he was with finn. i will admit lots of his sweetness probably comes from the subtle training from finn too. bowie was older now which sucked, but he was still the best. not stealing undergarments and ripping them to shreds. that only went on for one month.

you'd be surprised how many he got ahold of.

✰✰✰
.·:*¨༺ ༻¨*:·.