December 18th, 1993

Start from the beginning

It was a day... why was undetermined still, but it was a day.

Shaking her head, Iris turned on the sink, throwing water into her face as she muttered to herself, "Cousin Itt is a stud."

~~~~~~

Iris hurried through the halls with a bounce in her step, mood repaired as she made her way towards the courtyard. The girls laughed a few steps behind, Sally-Ann even venturing to poke some fun, "How regressive is this, in a bad mood all morning, but you throw a boy her way, and suddenly she is dancing around."

Turning mid-step to smile at the girls, Iris defended herself, "I am getting out of this damned castle for the first time in months, going on a date with the hottest boy at this school, and planning on scoring a kiss. I am allowed to be as excited as I very so please."

Throwing a smirk at Sally, she added, "And you are certainly one to talk Sally-Ann," she stopped as she clasped her hands and mimicked a dreamy look, "'oh Draco, I love you,' 'oh Draco I do.'"

Bumping shoulders with Iris and pushing Valeria away for making kissy faces, Sally glared, "I hate all of you."

Jane and Tracey just laughed, holding up the back of the group while Iris joined to walk alongside Valeria and Sally. Valeria looked toward Iris as she thought over something, "Have you had your first kiss yet, Iris?"

All the girls looked to the one in question, watching as she smiled, a sign that sent off a chorus of awes. Nodding as her eyes glazed over in memory, "On my eleventh birthday, Ryker Peverell. We grew up together, he's two years older, and even at thirteen, he was dreadfully attractive."

She hesitated a bit as the smile fell but continued anyway, drawing in her curious group of friends, "The adults were all teasing about how old I was getting. Started rambling about their younger years. Thinking back on their firsts, first kiss, first boyfriend. So many couldn't even remember names... something about firsts never really being great, great coming later.

"But no regrets. Because life is about taking those steps. Anyways, to eleven-year-old me, that was the worst conversation ever. My first kiss had to be great, memorable...."

Her smile returned, "My birthdays were always horribly boring, big get-togethers with all these old people. So Ryker and I would always adventure off after cake, return back later for presents. We went to the fountain, the sky was clear, the stars bright..." her eyes closed for a moment, reopening as she spoke,

"I was sitting at the edge, hand waving around the water wearing my green dress, he was stood hands in his pockets, wearing that suit his father forced him into. We were laughing at something, and I just kinda watched him for a moment, and then just stood up and kissed him, just for a second, before giving him a big smile and running back off to the party." She laughed, "Hardly a proper kiss, but memorable. A great first."

The girls watching her, eyes dazed as they were lost in the moment, Tracey was the one to speak for everyone, "Man, does Diggory even stand a chance here...."

A jolt of emotion flashed through Iris as her smile turned a bit forced, "A huge childhood crush is all that was. Haven't seen Ryker in a little over two years." She waved as she switched subjects, a smirk overtaking her lips, "Now, moving on from me, have all of you had your first kiss?"

Jane cringed back, "That is a memory I am very content never thinking back on. I have so many regrets."

Sally-Ann nodded aggressively in agreement, while Valeria, on the other hand, smiled, "Mine was over the summer with that muggle girl in Paris. Totally cliche but so worth it," she smiled to Iris, "a great first."