13

December was flying by, and the Blizzard Ball was approaching.

The Blizzard Ball was a school dance we had right before Christmas break, and it was a big deal.

Well, as the person on student council organizing the ball it was extremely important.

Me, Chelsea, and a few other students on student council had been working tirelessly to make sure this year's Blizzard Ball would be memorable.

The venue was set to be Lee's Mansion, and since Chelsea's mom was a florist we knew the venue was going to look gorgeous.

Theo and I laid in his bed and listened to a cheesy 1980s ballad.

Theo's hand was placed on my back as he made out with me. His body was warm and I wanted to sink into him to avoid the cold weather outside.

Theo parted from me the rolled over onto his back.

"I hate that Landon guy," he said randomly.

I rolled my eyes. Here we go.

"I told you about how he works at the hospital too now, right?" Theo asked.

I nodded.

"I can just feel him judging me, and today he literally asked me about you. I wanted to punch him," Theo continued.

Ever since Theo had met Landon he couldn't stop making negative remarks about him. It annoyed me to no ends.

"So while we were making out, you were thinking about Landon?" I asked.

"No, I just suddenly remembered it. He makes my skin crawl. I don't know how you dated a guy like that."

I got up and sat on the edge of Theo's bed out of frustration. I hated how Theo was always trying to get me to speak negatively about Landon. It just showed me how insecure he was.

Theo tried to hug me but it made me squirm.

"Why do you care what Landon does?" I asked.

"Because you liked him."

"A long time ago," I stated.

"I think he likes you and I think if I turned my back for one second he'd steal you from me."

I scoffed, "he was the one that dumped me. You're being paranoid."

"I'm not."

It was December and I hadn't spoken to Landon since October. I never even brought him up in conversations. Theo's obvious jealousy was just irritating.

I began to gather my things so I could leave.

"Where are you going?" Theo asked.

"Home," I replied, "so I can have more interesting conversations with someone else."