「 10 」

*:・゚✧*:・

*:・゚✧*:・

There was a ringing in TJ's ears as Violet nodded, her smile turning feline and her eyes never leaving TJ's. Violet knew. Somehow, she knew and TJ had managed to sit next to her of all people. Scott and Stiles had been wrong; there wasn't just one killer, but two. Violet's nimble fingers played with her necklace again, and TJ made the mistake of looking right at it in front of Violet. When she looked back up, Violet's eyes narrowed at her threateningly. TJ couldn't do anything there, in front of everyone, or she might risk Mason and Tracy. If Violet really had killed people for money, she was ruthless and cunning. She had spun her web, and now TJ was stuck in it.

Completely oblivious, Tracy began saying something but it didn't reach TJ's ears. TJ pried her eyes off of Violet and turned away, her breathing shaky as she tried to focus on the game that was playing out in front of her. But all TJ could focus on was Violet and how she was barely an arms length away and right next to Tracy, and that TJ was one of the biggest targets on that stupid deadpool.

TJ pulled out her phone but wasn't sure what she was going to do; she couldn't text Scott because he was on the field, same with Stiles, and she doubted that Kira had her phone on her with all the gear she was wearing. Malia and Lydia were nowhere to be seen, and TJ tried to subtly scan the crowd in hopes of seeing a familiar face that she might be able to throw a lifeline at.

Her eyes landed on Emily, and a wave of relief washed over her heavily. She hoped that Emily would help. Remembering she had been added to the group chat, she tried to casually open it not catch the attention of Tracy or, even worse, Violet. She shakily typed out a text to the chat and just prayed that Emily would check it. She hadn't even thought that, maybe, Emily wasn't in the chat to begin with. 

FOUND SECOND KILLER. VIOLET! NEXT TO ME. TJ.

She pressed send, her eyes darting back to Emily as the girl sensed her phone vibrate and she pulled it out, frowning at the text before her eyes widened and she stood up, scanning the crowd frantically. Emily's eyes found TJ's and she lifted her eyebrows as if to say 'are you sure?'. TJ nodded stiffly, and watched as Emily pressed something on her phone and held it up to her ear. Seconds later, TJ's phone began ringing shrilly and she picked it up immediately.

"Hey, Uncle Kel," TJ began, hoping Violet bought it.

"Act shocked." Emily instructed over the line, and TJ twisted her face into a matching expression as she glanced at Tracy. Tracy looked worried. "Now stand up, say it's a family emergency, and you'll be back in a minute."

TJ's heart was thrumming in her chest as she did what Emily instructed, apologizing to Tracy and excusing herself. Violet watched her go with a knowing smile on her face. TJ almost stumbled down the stairs.

Out on the field, something big had gone down; several players had managed to injure themselves and one boy — wearing a green jersey — was getting half carried, half dragged off the field. He was moaning in pain. The game was paused, and all the players returned to the sidelines for a time out.