Unbreakable

Depuis le début

" I can't take this," said Colby.

" It's alright little man," said Big J. " You can pay me back when you get back on your feet."

"Thank you," said Colby.

"There's clothes in the bedroom upstairs," said Big J. " Fridge is stocked, help yourself. There's a barber around the corner. I think it's best if you try and keep a low profile. News about your release should go public soon, but for now let's keep it on the DL."

" Got it," said Colby.

" If you need anything, you call me and I'll be back faster than you can even imagine," said Big J.

" Sure thing," said Colby.

Colby took a quick shower and then headed to the barber shop around the corner. Colby sat in the barbers chair. This was the first time he had looked at himself in the mirror in a long time. He did look very different. Almost unrecognizable. Maybe that was for the best. As he waited for the barber to come back with some supplies, he caught a glimpse of the news that was playing on the TV. He listened as the female news anchor spoke.

"5 time Grammy award winning artist Kat Stuart sent Twitter into a frenzy after she announced the second leg of her World Tour after a 9 month long music hiatus. The 33 year old singer announced she was going on hiatus after revealing her pregnancy during her Super Bowl LXVII halftime performance back in February" said the news anchor. " The singer's newest album Secrets took Album of the Year at this year's 75th Annual Grammy Awards and her new single If Only You Knew has had its 8th straight week at the top of the charts. Her husband, former YouTuber Sam Golbach, who was in tears of pride while attending his wifes halftime performance said "We are thrilled to be starting this new chapter of our lives together, and we couldn't be happier. I am so incredibly proud of her, she is the strongest and most amazing person I know, I'm truly so lucky to have her."

The news anchor continued. "The 35 year old has been a member of the Los Angeles Police Department for 6 years and has been recently promoted to Chief of Police in Los Angeles County. I think it's safe to say that America's Power Couple is still going strong."

"Wow!" said Colby. Things really had changed a lot.

Colby patiently waited as the barber finished up. He was finally starting to look like himself again. He even decided to add blue highlights. When Colby returned back to the safehouse, he smiled, looking at himself in the mirror.

"There we go," said Colby, ruffling his hair.

"Looks good kid," said Big J.

"Thanks," said Colby. " Can I see Sam?"

" I'm not sure that's a good idea yet," said Big J.

"Please?" asked Colby.

" Not yet," said Big J. "First, we eat." Big J was holding up 2 bags of Taco Bell.

Colby was practically salivating. He forgot how good Taco Bell was. " Fuck, I needed that," said Colby. "Thanks."

After they finished eating, they cleaned up and hopped into Big J's car. He pulled into a gated community, full of magnificent houses. He stopped across the street from one of the most gorgeous houses Colby had ever seen.

"Here we are," said Big J, putting the car into park.

Colby didn't move. He just sat waiting in the passenger seat. Staring out at the beautiful house.

" You okay kid?" asked Big J.

" Maybe you're right," said Colby. " Maybe this was a bad idea. Their lives are perfect, they're happy. Am I about to ruin their lives again?"