Chapter Six : Small talk

Start from the beginning

"What else do you want?!"

She turns her head and sees Yoon inching towards her. "Excuse me?"

"You're wanting to turn in the princess for the money. But there has to be a reason as to why you want the money." (Y/N) turns her body towards the boy and he continues. "If you need help, we can help you! We have helped lots of people before with getting food or freeing people from corrupted lords. Just please don't take the princess from us. I'm begging you."

(Y/N) looked away at Yoon and he thinks that she'll change her mind. She walks close to the boy and lifts his head off the ground. Gripping his chin, she moves her face in his and gives him a soft look. "Just like your looks, your words are very pretty." She holds his chin tight as her eyes brighten up.

"Since we're on the same side, I will let you in on a secret." She leans close to his ear and whispers something to him. Yoon's eyes go wide and she lets go of his head, making him faceplant on the floor.

She grabs a dagger from her bag and throws it near him. She backs up from him then salutes to him. "Well, hope we're still on the same side after this!" And with that, (Y/N) leaves the boy all by himself to free himself.

Zeno comes out from the bushes and grabs the dagger. Yoon looks at the boy as he cuts his binds off. "You're certain she won't hurt Yona?" Zeno looks at the boy and nods. "Zeno knows she'll do what's best." Yoon rubs his wrists then looks at where the girl ran off. 'I hope you know what you're doing.'

With Yona

Yona kept running away. While her lungs were begging for a break, she knew she couldn't take one. She told Yoon that she would keep running, so she would do just that.

She heard the bushes rustle and she quickly pulled out her bow. She stood firm on the ground and waited for whatever it was to come out. The rustling stopped and out popped out the fox Zeno saw before. Yona lowered her bow and came close to the animal. "You should go find your mother, it's not safe right now." She lowered her hand and attempted to pet the fox.

The fox turned its head away then ran up a tree like it did before. Yona watched as she climbed up. 'This feels very familiar.' She shakes her head then turns towards the direction her friends were in. "I hope that they're alright. ."

All of a sudden, she heard a thump from behind her. Holding her bow up again realizing why it felt so familiar, she pointed an arrow at (Y/N). The girl watched in amusement as the redhead drew back the arrow. "Oh please Princess, don't shoot little poor me!"

Yona kept her gaze on the girl. "Tell me why I shouldn't shoot this arrow between your eyes?" (Y/N) only smiled at her words and took a step closer. "I have no reason, so go ahead and shoot." Yona's aim faltered and (Y/N) took this chance to grab her bow from her.

The arrow was let loose and grazed (Y/N)'s arm. She flinched but took hold of the weapon. Throwing it away, she grabbed her arm and looked at the princess. "Alright, no more games. I've taken down your small army, so let's just make this easy." She approached the princess, but she held out a dagger in front of her.

(Y/N) steps back and watches Yona's arms shake as she grips the dagger. "I have no army, what I have are friends and you took them from me!" (Y/N) sighs and rubs her head. "Princess, please come willingly or else I will do something I do not want to."

She clicks her sword and its pieces fall onto the floor. "And for the record, your friends are safe. I didn't kill anybody." The princess lowers her weapon for a moment the puts it up again. "How do I know you're telling the truth?"

(Y/N) smiles and bends her knees. "You don't, you gotta trust me on that."

Yona feels her mind racing trying to figure out if she's telling the truth. If she was telling the truth, then that means they're all still in the forest. If she didn't kill them then she most likely knocked them out. If she was able to take down her friends and Hak then she is powerful. She couldn't take her down if she tried. She needs to protect her friends in any way she can.