Chapter 6 - Development

A picture is taken of the big day, Mikey and some of his comrades pose for a picture along with the other soldiers and some of their own squads as well, all of them, smiling and sharing the pride of a victory, and celebrating the fact they survived, especially Mikey, who is still foaming from excitement.

The photo depicted Mikey holding up his double Axe in a triumphant manner, making a face that looked like a lunatic who just discovered the true chaos, his friends were very supportive of his attitude and he quickly started to consider violence a more... "okay" option around there, he picked up the mood quite fast, a lot of soldiers are also recruited against their will so that always leads to unmotivated and unproductive soldiers that have no desire of fighting or doing anything to improve the experience, but Michael in the other hand was making his time there the best it could be, training his new skills and even inventing his own abilities as a way to work better with his fighting style, it's been around 9 days since he arrived to this new dimension and it's already clear to him that times will be tough, but he will do his very best for this revolution.

Back at Earth, it's the third night without Mikey and things are getting out of hand, the house is still a mess and the family is going insane, Draxum and April went for a visit and were quite shocked to see their current state, Raphael is rocking himself in the couch trying to do some breathing exercises to calm down and get back at searching, Leonardo spent nearly 50 hours with no sleep and is now roaming through the Lair trying to stay awake, he smiles a lot but the aura he let's out is really sad, Donatello is fixated on his screens looking at all the cameras of NY while chugging his 5th mug of coffee, Splinter is sitting motionless on his bed looking at old baby pictures of his sons.

Shorting it out, everyone is LITERALLY worry sick, and as much as April tries to help them out, Splinter makes Draxum cry while telling him some stories from when Michelangelo was a child, shooting an Arrow in the Yokai's heart and making him get all emotional, he also misses little orange a lot, life is so much darker and colder without his little sunshine coming to visit him every now and then or calling him up just to check on him, and unfortunately, Draxum joins the moarning family, and April decided she's having none of that and tries her best efforts to get all these sad bags to get moving instead of laying around and winning.

After a couple of hours and a ton of motivation speeches and therapy sessions, she manages to pull them all back to Earth to keep looking for Michael, but they decide that since she already helped them out, she can rest for now, they'll call if they need her, she agrees, she heads to Mikey's room and sits down, she looks at the place for a bit before she tries to lay down but she feels a weird bump on her back, she gets up again and checks under the blankets, there's a diary, Mikey's diary, all the entities on hear head start to discuss the idea of reading it, eventually setting in on taking a peek.

Sge secretly opens up the incrediblely thick book and is bombarded with colors, drawings and glitter in almost every page, she picks herself back up and starts the reading of some random pages she picked because they looked interesting.

"Page 5 - Dear Diary, Today, me and my brothers went skateboarding on the sewers again, Leo fell down on his face, it was the funniest thing ever."

"Page 18 - Dear Diary, Raph was getting one of those episodes again, I used Dr. Feelings to help him out, I like the way my family is always honest with me when they need help, even if Leo still struggles with opening up."

"Page 37 - Dear Diary, Today, Donald came to me after lunch asking me to teach him how to cook, I was impressed, he is not the kind of guy that I would expect to hear that from, when I took too long to answer, he turned red, once I agreed with it, I taught him how to bake cookies, I think baking is a good start for him, he was a bit embarrassed at first but he got the hang of it."

"Page 98 - Dear Diary, Dad caught me sneaking out at night, I had gone for some late night groceries and some snacks, but when I was back I might have woken up Master, he entered the kitchen so quietly that I wouldn't have noticed if it wasn't for the door creaking, he was suspicious at first but I think I was able to throw him off by saying that I woke up for a glass of water."

"Page 107 - Dear Diary, I found a small pool like place in the sewers, my brothers don't know about it yet, but I can use it however I want since they have no idea where I am, I know that Donnie's tracker is in my MAD DOGZ pin, so as long as I don't tell him, all I have to do is leave it at home and they... hopefully won't notice I'm gone."

Each page was fun and cute to read, it was all about Mikey being a wholesome little guy and going on cool solo adventures when no one was looking... wait.... could THAT be the reason why he's missing?!? Did something happen to him?! Did he just went off on one of those walks and got captured!!? April rushed to Donnie to tell him all about her new potential discovery, an info dump later and Donnie is flashing through the Lair, running out of the Lair as fast as the wind, April tries to keep up or atleast follow him, he leaves the sewers and climb up to the top of the nearby building, just to let out a extremely loud and sharp scream.

He wasn't even saying anything, just yelling for apparently no reason, he was frustrated and his emotions were fully bottled to a point where that scream was the way to get all of that off his chest, he fell on his knees and started to cry, April was more than willing to give him hugs and comfort as much as he needs it, he takes the offer and they hold eachother on a tight and soft sibling hug.