(8) Summer

(AN)
Even though fall is my favorite season a lot of this story will be written in summer.
Also a little bit if this will be in natsu's POV!!
_________________________________________

As the summer break started everyone was going to see their families. It's not like I didn't want to see my grandma, but she was traveling. So I just stayed at the school. I knew it was gonna be boring but oh well.

"Bye lu!" Levy said to me as she was leaving to go visit family. But I kinda thought she was lying. Because gajeel was leaving the same time and day as she was. All alone for almost the whole summer, how boring. Then the front door started opening. It's probably levy, she must have forgot something.

"Hey Luce!" The boy who's voice almost always sounds cocky. Luce.. There's only one person while calls me that, Natsu! Did he just come in here without knocking. It was super hot out so I was only in a bra and shorts. "Hold on natsu!" I shouted so he could hear me while I was closing my bedroom door.

I quickly put on a tank top and came back out. "So.... What are you doing here?" I ask him. "I was just wondering if you were going anywhere during the break, because everybody else is going away for a while and I just wanted to ask if you were?" Natsu asks me.

I start to answer his question,"You know you don't have to worry, I'm not leaving the school during break." I tell him.

"Why not, weren't you saying the other day how you missed your grandma and wanted to visit her?" He asks me with a raised eyebrow. "Well my grandma is traveling, so I won't get a chance to see her." I tell natsu. "And your mo-" I cut him off, "ya all three of them are going on a trip!" I then smile nervously.

"What about your family?" I ask him. "Oh ya, they're also going traveling." He responds quickly. We both just stand there for a minute. "Soo-" We both say as we start talking, it was still awkward between us.

"Listen natsu, I know you probably don't want to talk about it but we need to." I tell him. "Ya I know." Natsu replies. "That kiss was-" he interrupts me, "It was a mistake, ok luce." For some reason I feel like I want to bust into tears.

"Ya ok, let's just forget it." I say forcing a smile. He nods and starts to walk out. I run to my room as soon as he leaves and closes the door.

Why? Why am I so sad, it's not like he likes me. At least not like that. I start to cry. I don't want to forget the kiss, no I can't forget it. I mean I never even told levy so ur couldn't have been that big if a deal, right?

Natsu's POV

I walk out of luce's dorm room, and I started running. Why? Wht am I running. It's not like the kiss really ment anything, right. We were just in the moment, nothing else. But why do I want the moment to happen over and over again. Why?

Lucy's POV

I just sat in my bed crying.

About a week later I finally did something. I grab a book and start reading. "The Princess" just "The Princess" what a weird title, whatever. I start reading. About 2 hours later I finish.

I never thought of it that way. The princess doesn't want to be saved, she likes the dragon. She wants the dragon to save her from the prince. She doesn't want anyone to take her from the dragon, she's fallen in love with him.

Natsu's POV

"Hey you've been quite most of the time for the past week, something isn't right." Gray said to me. "It's nothing, ok!" I said slightly snapping at him.

I wanna talk to Luce, but it would probably go bad. I sat there with a serious face. Luce is so sweet, she even tolerates all the dumb things I do. I start to smile. "What're you smiling at creep?" Gray ask me. My face starts getting a little pink out if embarrassment.

"Nothing." I say quickly. That's it, u have to I have to talk to Luce. I get up and head towards the door. "You gonna go out in your underwear?" Gray says to me trying not to laugh. I rush to my room and get dressed.

I walk out the door and start walking to luce's room. This is it, I have to knock. I knock and wait for her to answer the door. "Natsu?" She says to me in calmly her voice sounding softer than when I last saw her.

Lucy's POV

I sit there still thinking about the book. As I hear a knock on the door. "Natsu?" I say as I stand there look at him in my doorway.

"Luce...." Natsu pauses. "Luce, I'm sorry." He said to me in a sweet apologetic voice. Why is he sorry?

"Wait, why are you sorry natsu?" I ask him hopping for an answer. "We haven't talked for the past week, it doesn't feel right and it's because I kissed you instead of just leaving you alone." He says looking fiercely at me with his onyx eyes.

"Natsu, about the kiss, it's ok really." I say to him, thinking about the kiss. "We were in the moment, I mean it was litterly a sunset at the beach." I let a out a small laugh. "How many times have you heard something about a sunset Beach kiss." I say. "To many." Natsu says letting out a laugh. "We both knew that it was the heat of the moment and that it meant nothing serious, we both agreed on that a few days after it happened." I tell him calmly, but I felt a pain in my chest every time I said or thought something in those lines.

"And natsu just because we haven't talked in a week we still have like three months of summer and can make that week up easily." I say to him with a smile. "Oh!" I continue, "I know, we can spend the feast of the rest of the day watching movies!" I say to him hopping that it would cheer him up, but also because I just wanted to spend more time with him.

The only reason I'm letting him stay over is because levy isn't coming back Till another week, so no one will see us. I mean levy knows that he comes over often, I just prefer people not shipping us.

"Sure!" Natsu says with a grin causing me to blush. I run over to the couch and grab the remote. Hmm, this reminds me the last time natsu came over to watch a movie! I let out a smile.

As we watch movies natsu holds me close. Of course I do the same, I'm not gonna miss the opportunity. He's holding me tight, like how juvia holds gray. But I like it, it makes me feel comforted. I close my eyes and smile.

We spend the rest of the night watching movies together as we fall asleep in each other's arms.

_________________________________________
(AN)
I felt like making this chapter all about nalu. What did you think?
Word count: 1240