{After}

Still Into You // Paramore

Holly

"Is Jackson stopping by?" Mom asks from her spot at the table. She's looking on as I tie tulle netting along the edges of a blooming wisteria arch.

"Not sure. His friends got in town this morning and they're spending the day together. They might be golfing."

"Isn't he helping with the decorations?"

I turn a side-eye at my mom. "Of course not. He's all thumbs and I want perfection." I look back at the arch, making sure the connectors are hidden. They are.

I never imagined having an outdoor wedding, let alone one with a lush setting like this. Savanna and Brax offered their backyard as soon as we told them we were engaged. Jackson shook Brax's hand. I smiled after hugging Savanna. Their garden arch surrounded by roses and daisies makes the setting more lovely. It doesn't hurt that their offer saved us a ton of money we didn't have to spend on venue.

The only issue was needing to move up the date because they're set to start renovations on their house. With baby number three on the way, they need to make adjustments on the floor plan for more space. Savanna didn't want to move. Half of Brax's classic car and motorcycle restoration business is set up in their garage. Plus, Jackson and I love living in their second-floor apartment.

"He does know the wedding is tomorrow, doesn't he?" Mom says it with a laugh. I laugh with her.

"He knows." He reminded me this morning.

"One more day, then I get to call you wife."

My heart races remembering the look he gave me when he said it. Like marrying me was a privilege. A dream come true. I feel the same way. All of this time, all of these years apart, and it took almost no time at all to realize he's the one for me.

I think I fell in love with him when I was five. After all of this time, I'm still in love with him.

"What's next?" Savanna says as she exits the house with a box of floating candles for the centerpieces of clear glass vases with floating blossoms. Those won't get assembled until tomorrow. We have tables of six set up on either side of the arch where the ceremony will take place.   Even I'm not sure what comes next. Savanna survey's the yard before putting the box on the nearest table and covering her mouth. She looks a little green.

"You should be resting. That little peanut is giving you a run for your money today."

Savanna shakes her head. "Keep your voice down. If Brax hears I've been sick twice already he'll forbid me to be on my feet."

"I heard that!" he shouts from the garage right before the sound of his footsteps rushing toward us.

I cringe. "Sorry."

"I'm fine!" Savanna pushes at his chest as he reaches her. "Don't you dare send me inside. I need fresh air. I need to be busy. Sitting on the couch will only force me to focus on my stomach. I need distractions."

Brax drops his head, hands on hips, as he releases a pent up breath.

"It goes against every instinct I have to take care of you. But I get it. I'll back off."

"I swear this is the last baby I let you put in me."

Brax's head snaps up. "Don't say that, baby." He steps closer to her, his hand covering her stomach with a gentle touch. She doesn't have a bump yet, but he caresses her belly anyway.

Savanna's gaze softens. "Why?"

He nuzzles her neck and whispers in her ear. I watch with a smile as she blushes, slaps his shoulder and shakes her head with a laugh.