{Thirteen}

Wait For Me // Kings of Leon

Jackson

It's always the quiet ones.

Holly wasn't kidding. Some kind of inner goddess was unleashed last night that I didn't see coming. I didn't see anything coming where she's concerned, and I've never been happier to be taken by surprise.

I roll from my side onto my back and reach an arm out toward Holly, needing to pull her into me. I couldn't get enough of her last night and this morning isn't any different. I don't know that I'll ever get enough. My arm stretches across the bed, all the way to the edge of the mattress—covered with my new dark blue sheets between round one and two—but come up empty.

I open my eyes and turn my head but see no one. She's not lying next to me. I sit up to look around and she's not in the room, at all. The door is closed and her clothes that had littered the floor making me stupid happy as she peeled them off last night are also gone.

Did she leave in the middle of the night? That's a page out of my book. I'd spend the night with a girl only to wake up in the wee hours of the morning itching to get the hell out of there. I cut and run more times than I care to remember, but I never thought Holly would do that. I have her in my place, something I never did with any of the girls in my past, a place I picked out with her in mind. I never once had the need or desire to ask her to leave and give me my space. Fuck no. I need her closer.

I grumble to myself about payback as I pull my shorts on. Then I fling the door open and head to the kitchen to grab my keys. I didn't think to look for a note or check my phone for a message, but dammit I deserve more than a cold goodbye in writing. Woman should have woken me up, kissed the hell out of me and let me walk her out for fuck's sake.

I stop short when I get to the kitchen and see Holly standing there. In my shirt, which I didn't even notice was missing, with a cup of hot coffee up to her lips and a wicked look in her eyes.

"Morning."

My jaw drops. I feel like an ass. I was ready to rip into her for sneaking out on me and here she is standing in my kitchen making me breakfast. I glance around, not seeing any food out at all, and amend my thought. She made coffee. Good enough.

She's still fucking here.

"Way to almost give me a heart attack," I say, reaching for my chest as I step closer to her. I grab her coffee, take a sip then put it on the counter next to her. My hands have a mission as they grab her waist and haul her closer. I nuzzle into her neck and sigh in relief as her arms wrap around my shoulder.

"I thought you left me." I confess into her hair that I wish was wrapped around my fist. Later.

"You were so adorable snoring in there I didn't want to disturb you."

"I don't snore."

"Okay, sure."

I lean back to look in her eyes. "I do?"

"You do. But it's a very gentle snore. Like a puppy." She smirks.

I growl.

"I'm a ferocious lion, not a puppy."

Holly laughs. The best fucking sound in the goddamn world.

"Okay, Simba. Would you like your own cup of coffee instead of stealing mine? There's plenty. And we should have planned our groceries better, because all we bought for breakfast is cereal and a slab of ham."

I freeze for a second before nuzzling back into her neck. Then I can't help but pick her up by the ass and sit her on the counter. I drag her legs around my waist, a little hint for where I'm about to take this.