Chapter 1: The Offer + Acceptence

Owl's Head, Vermont.

"This is your first full moon with a back," Vivian, the pack leader, says the eighteen-year-old.

Lucille Baxter was born and raised here in Owl's Head. Her boyfriend and ex girlfriend (she's polyamorous), Jake and Chloe, talked her into going out for her eighteenth birthday five weeks ago. She agreed and she was driving home. She had to swerve to miss a homeless drug addict (literally) and she went into oncoming traffic in the other two lane road and her ex-girlfriend died and Lucille triggered her curse. Jake forgave her and they found another third named Katie.

"I'm scared, Viv," Lucy admits as she puts her curls behind her ear.

"I was, too," Vivian admits. "Let's get ready." She winces when Lucy starts screaming as a bone breaks. "It's starting."
🖤💜🤍🖤💜🤍

A solid block wolf wanders into the camp again in the woods and she sees a man. She growls when she smells a vampire, Vivian told Lucy all about vampires.

"Easy," Vivian says as she comes out of the woods, clothed. "It's okay, Lucy, keys get you shifted back and you can listen to the offer Klaus has."

"First full moon?" The man - Klaus - asks. He's eyeing the black wolf curiously.

"Yeah," Vivian replies and she leads Lucy to the woods.

Lucille shifts back and puts on some jeans and a purple sweater. She steps out of the trees with her caramel colored arms wrapping around her thin body. She eats all the time, literally, she's like Jughead Jones and always hungry, but she doesn't gain weight.

Klaus studies Lucy curiously as he remembers something.

Flashback. 1722.

"I spoke to a witch, Brother," Kol Mikaelsson says to Klaus. "I have a soulmate out there who hasn't been born."

"Would they be linked to you?" Klaus asks. He knew of a soulmated couple before in the 1400's named Beatrice and Douglas, they weren't linked.

"The witch doesn't think so," Kol says and he hands her a charcoal drawing. "This is her. The witch doesn't know her name because she won't be born for at least two centuries."

Klaus looks at Kol and hums. "I suppose we'll have to wait then."

"The witch said it's sort of like when an animal when the imprint,"  Kol says. "It doesn't have to be romantic."

"We will see what happens, Brother," Klaus says, "I promise."

Only by some time later, Kol is daggered in New Orleans.
****

Looking at Lucy, he sees the sketch that his brother had shown him back in 1722. He shrugs it off. Kol isn't available to tell him. He follows Vivian to the spot in the woods where her pack is gathered and now waiting doe him to begin. Luckily, they had already gained word of what he us and Vivian filled Lucy in while helping her shift back.

"I have a way to change your lives," Klaus explains. "You won't have to change during every full moon. You can change at will."

"How?" Nathan, one of the werewolves, asks.

"By turning you into hybrids," Klaus replies and the only one who looks remotely interested is Lucy. "That way, you can change at will."

"We'd be vampires?" Be,La asks, scowling in disgust. "Do we have a choice?"

"You have two options, love," Klaus muses. "You can accept the hybrid offer or you just... die."

"I'd rather die," Bella spits.

"I - I'd like to accept," Lucille claims. "This was my first moon with a pack and I... I didn't even know I was a werewolf until after I turned after my eighteenth birthday. I'd like to not do that again unless I can help it."

Klaus smirks at her and everyone else, even Vivian, says no. Klaus kills Vivian first and then the others who said no: Nathan, Donna, Billy, Charlie, Connie, and Bella. Klaus walks up to Lucy last. She's shaking like a delicate leaf. Klaus bites into his wrist and he shoves it into her mouth, the blood goes down her throat. Once she's had enough, Klaus snaps her neck.

When she wakes up, Klaus gives her the blood he got from Elena Gilbert (involuntarily, of course) and Lucy completes her transition and is officially aired to Klaus Mikaelsson, the Original Hybrid.