Chapter 3: New Home

Zacznij od początku

"Natives?" I asked.

"Yeah... They call themselves humans..." I got even more confused.

"This planet..." I repeated in whisper. "Wait- So... this... isn't Cybertron?" I asked. He frowned.

"No... We're... we are on planet Earth." he replied.

"Why? Wh- What about Cybertron?" Orion only sighed sadly, which worried me. Why are we on a different planet? Did we evacuate or...? "Pax..." I paused, unsure if I wanted an answer. He wasn't even looking at me anymore. "What happened to Cybertron?" I asked quietly.

"It...," he paused. "Cybertron was destroyed..." I froze. Our home planet... was destroyed? Why? We were just on it, weren't we?

"W--" I paused, once again staring at the ground beneath me. "Wh-What could have caused this?" I asked in disbelief.

"After the war started... The very blood of Unicron had corrupted our planet's core..." I looked up at him, his expression showed nothing but guilt. Unicron? Did Soundwave really go through with the plan? "Our planet is no longer habitable..." he spoke, almost in a whisper. I mindlessly started scratching at my arms. Scraping at the very surface that protected my frame. I hadn't even noticed what I was doing until Orion suddenly grabbed at my wrists. I jerked back at first. "Don't!" he yelped. "Why are you doing that?" he asked, concern escaped his voice box. I looked down at my arms to see what I had done, the marks that I left. I looked back up at him, concern written all over his face.

"S-Sorry..." I mumbled. "I-I didn't know...I..." I stumbled on my own words. He let me go and sighed.

"Optimus." he said suddenly.

"What?" I asked.

"My designation is Optimus." he announced. I was confused, why did he suddenly change his designation? As it turns out, I didn't have to wait for an answer. "Optimus Prime..." he added. My optics widened. Orion Pax... was now a Prime?

"Y-You're a Prime?" I whispered in awe. He nodded in response. I felt a grin appear on my face. "That... That's amazing! I'm so proud of you!" I exclaimed. He gave a confused frown. Is that not what he wanted to hear?

"I thought you hated Primes?" he asked. I smirked, giving him a weak chuckle.

"I don't hate Primes... I just hate the High Council." I confessed. I rarely openly announce something like that. Especially when in front of a Prime or any type of authority figure. To my surprise, he offers a kind smile.

"Well... Guess you don't have to worry about them anymore." he spoke. He frowned suddenly.

"What's wrong?" I asked once more.

"This whole time... I thought you hated me when the Council announced that I'd be a worthy Prime instead of you... I thought I'd never be able to reason with you if I was to become a Prime." I froze. "I could've stopped you..." he added. "I should've tried to calm you down... Instead, I let you run off." His voice was breaking. It sounded as if he was about to cry. I honestly didn't think a Prime could cry. It seemed even as a Prime, Orion was still strutless. "If I had just... then maybe I could've prevented all of this..."

"This isn't your fault...It's no one's fault." I assured. I took a step closer, relieved when it didn't faze him. The last thing I wanted to do was startle him. "Things just didn't turn out as planned." I told him. "And that's okay..." I added. "I guess this just means life has a plan for us..." I smiled back when his grin disappeared. It was a small smile, but it's the first 'real' smile I've seen from him so far.

"Come on." he ordered. "The others are waiting." he said, as he gestured me to follow. Which I did. I followed Ori--Optimus back to the main base. I could hear people gasp in surprise. I looked around to see where the sound came from. Until I noticed three little creatures, who I assumed were the humans that were surprised by my presence.

"Hey." I spoke quietly, waving to the humans. They seemed a bit tense. Especially the small one. I felt Optimus' servo rest on my shoulder blades.

"Megatronus, these are the human children..." he started. "Jack, Miko, and Raf." he pointed to them as he said their names. I nodded my helm, yet they didn't respond. I tilted my head. The female giggled.

"Aww~ He tilted his head like a big puppy!" she stated. Now, I was confused.

"What's a... puppy?' I asked. Her squeal startled me. She was covering her face, her face turned bright red. The smallest male chuckled, while the tallest only smiled. "What did I say? I only asked what a puppy was?" Miko continued to giggle. I honestly didn't know what I did, I was started to feel concerned. "I-I'm confused." I confessed.

"We were, too. At first." Ratchet spoke. "You'll get used to them." he sighed.

"They seem to agitate you?" I asked.

"Often, yes..." he replied. "I honestly don't understand how the others can handle them sometimes..." he muttered.

"That's because you never had enough patience to deal with children." The blue femme mocked. Ratchet rolled his optics in response.

"Oh! Um... Apologies for changing the subject, but what are your designations?" I asked. They paused for a moment.

"I'm Arcee..." the blue femme spoke first.

"Bulkhead." the green crusher held up his servo. The yellow one sighed. "And this is Bumblebee!" he announced, pointing to the yellow scout.

"I can answer for myself!" he snapped. I jumped back.

"Bumblebee!" Ratchet spoke in a stern tone. "Don't talk to your teammates like that!" he ordered. Bumblebee beeped in anger.

"Bumblebee, what's gotten into you?" Optimus asked, calmly. Bumblebee glared at me, crossing his arms. I was starting to feel uncomfortable. He stomped off, pushing me to the side and out of the way.

"That was uncalled for!" Ratchet yelled. I stood there, frozen in place. I felt Ratchet place his servo on my shoulder. "Are you alright?" he asked. I nodded, though I was sure they could tell I was uncomfortable.

"I'll go get him..." Bulkhead sighed, running towards the scout, calling out his designation. I felt another servo rest on my shoulder.

"I'm sorry... You had to deal with that..." Optimus spoke from behind me. I felt my socket twitch. I look back at Optimus.

"I hurt him, didn't I?" I asked. "Is that why everyone here despises me?" He only stared, but that's all I needed for a response. "I thought so..." I whispered. "I'll head to my room..." I mumbled, walking towards the spare room they opened for me. I held onto my arms. Making sure no one could see my face as my optics leaked lubricants.