Chapter 4

CHELSEA.

Despite my irritation at yesterday's events, I was able to get in a good seven hours of sleep before waking up. But then realizing that I no longer had my diamond necklace with me put me in a bad mood, was this Karma's way of getting back at me? Seriously why did he choose now to make an appearance?

"Don't you have anything better to do?" I mumble to myself while staring at the piece of paper in my hand. The code wasn't the only thing that he had written on the paper. At first, I was going to be petty and completely ignore the other message to play around for a few more days. But if I were being honest, I was getting bored and it wasn't like I could stay at this hotel forever.

It was time to go home.

However, I wasn't just going to leave like that. First, I took a long shower under the shower jets that this luxury hotel had. Then I ordered myself a full breakfast from room service along with a bottle of wine before watching TV till the mid-afternoon. Only then did I get dressed and checked out of the hotel.

Los Angeles is beautiful during summer; the trees, the beach, the view everything was spectacular. The heat could be a bitch but it was worth spending every second, LA was home. The Pacific Gardens was my favorite place to be, it was everything a person could ask for. They had all the wild rides, concession stands, kids riding their drones, and others on their hoverboards, and let's not forget the ones that were just out to have a good time with their dogs.

Seeing them made me miss mine and the reminder made me feel sad about how I had abandoned him. Almost as if my mind has conjured him up, a loud bark echoed around me and when I looked in the direction from which the sound came he was standing right there.

"Rex!" I screamed standing from my seat in delight and at the sound of my voice more of his barks echoed as he came barreling toward me. I quickly got on my knees as all sixty pounds of weight crashed into my arms and started licking me.

"Oh, I missed you so much baby." I cried out while hugging Rex close to me before pulling back to take his face in my hands. "You missed mummy too didn't you, I'm sorry I had to leave you alone for so long." Rex was a beautiful Doberman Dalmatian Cross and one of the most important people in my life, having him in my arms right now like this made my life feel complete.

"You act like he's the only man in your life." Another voice spoke up and I couldn't help the pleasurable shivers that ran through my body at the sound of him. I look up and he's staring right down at me with those brown eyes that I can't help but get lost in every time. And when he smiles, especially now with his dark hair slightly falling over his eyes it's the most beautiful sight.

But that beautiful sight also reminds me that I'm supposed to be irritated at him.

"Rex, sweetie stay here for mummy." I tell Rex scratching behind his ears before I stand on my feet and close the small distance between Jimin and me. When I'm close enough I raise my fist into the air with the intention of hitting the bastard, but he grabs me mid-strike before I can land a punch. His other hand goes around my waist and then he tugs me towards his chest and holds me there.

"Baby we've talked about this, use your words, not your fist." Jimin says as he gazes down at me with a smile, but I don't particularly feel like reciprocating.

"You stole from me." I tell him with a glare and the hand around my wrist tightens when I try to hit him again.

"If we're being technical right now, I didn't exactly steal from you." He says thoughtfully and despite there being no space left between us I manage to draw closer to him.

"Are you really trying to get technical with me right now?" I ask with an arched brow, and he smirks. "I put a lot of time into getting that necklace and I've wanted to get it for a very long time."