Chapter 1

IN AUSTRALIA.

JIMIN.

It's been seventy years since the last global pandemic; change is inevitable, and humans have grown even greedier and more selfish but because of that technology has been the best that it could ever be. Still, some things never change and one of them is the way the rich and powerful launder their money.

"When was the last time you showered?" That voice right there is always the root of every argument we've had in this house and the moment Kendrick walked into the room it was just inevitable.

"Excuse me?" Kenna's fingers immediately paused on their clicking as she looked up at her twin brother with a face that screamed she'd kill him if he got any closer.

"I could smell you the moment I walked into the room." Kendrick continued with a grin on his face, he took a seat on the opposite side of his sister facing his own computer while Kenna continued to glare at him.

"I'm not above shoving my foot down your throat Kendrick, so don't talk to me right now." She said her face concentrated as her fingers flew over her keyboards in rapid succession. The various screens in front of her were filled with numbers and pictures that I could never understand but I didn't need to because I had the twins.

Instead of egging his sister on even further, Kendrick reclined back in his seat and let her work. We were at a very crucial point in the game and even Kendrick understood that there were times to play and also moments when we had to take things seriously. This was one of them; if the twins aren't able to get the job done before the allocated time, we're all fucked.

"When we pull this off there are going to be some very pissed-off people after us." Kendrick said his attention now turned to me as he grinned. "What should we do next after we're done here?" He asked as I spun the rubix cube in my hand.

"You know the rules Kendrick, no new business talk within the first six months." I remind him to which he simply smirks.

"I'm in!" Kenna announces and I'm immediately up from my seat and rushing to her side. On her screen is everything we needed for our current project to be a complete success and now we have the information in the palm of our hands.

"Kenna you're a bloody genius." I tell her and she grins a cocky smile before looking over at her brother.

"Your turn, all of this will be for nothing if the system doesn't recognize him." She tells him and Kendrick cracks his knuckles as he draws closer to his own computer.

"Is that a lack of faith I hear in your voice sister?" He asks; the sound of his fingers clicking over the keyboard filled the silence in the room as he worked. "While you've been working on a way to get the artifacts out, I've spent the last two weeks building your profile. The festival has had a long-time running anonymous bidder who also happens to be their biggest client and tonight you're gonna play his role."

"We hacked into their system and sent an email that said the bidder would like to make an appearance for the first time at tonight's program. Every security measure they make, from the iris scan to the fingerprint, the chip in your wrist and body mass will match Erik Slovak to the t, that's how you'll get into the bidding room with the other players." Kenna explained. 

"You already know that once you get in there you'll get a chip, we need you to scan the code with your contacts so we can access it." Kendrick continued as he still worked.

"What will you do with it?" I ask unconsciously sorting the cube in my hand.

"Every bidder gets a chip and all the chips are linked together in some form; every time a bidder slots their chip into the machine and makes the final bid, money is immediately taken out of their account and transferred into the foundation's offshore account. Once the auction is over and every bidder has gotten their item, the money will then be transferred and split into several different untraceable accounts never to be found again." Kenna answers and Kendrick immediately picks up.

"But tonight before that happens, we'll use the networking system connecting the chips together to get into the offshore account and get the money before they even notice anything is missing. Just like this." Kendrick says with a final click and smiles at his computer. When I look over, the screen shows open details of the offshore account that the foundation holds.

"We've secured our part, what about you?" Kenna asks and as if they've been summoned, Daemon and Felicity walk into the room.

"We've secured the broker." Daemon announces as they enter. "He'll be waiting at the meeting point once we've gotten the artifacts."

"We've assured him that they're authentic, but he still wishes to check them out before he weighs out their value and pays us. We'll need to add an extra ten minutes to our clock." Felicity tells me with an annoyed sigh.

"It's normal procedure you know that." I tell her but she rolls her eyes and falls back onto the couch.

"This is why you don't pull a job in a job." Kendrick says with a shake of his head. "It's against the rules, too many liabilities."

"We don't have a choice, you know that." I tell Kendrick and he shrugs a shoulder. "We'll get the artifacts for the client, and you'll get the money out of the account. We've done harder projects than this, we can pull it off." I say looking at each of them and Kenna nods in agreement.

"Everyone remembers their part right, Fel I know this is your first time playing Jimin's lover but try not to screw up on it." Kenna says with a taunting smile and the room immediately descends into a tense and awkward atmosphere.

Felicity tightens her hands into fists at the jab as she holds Kenna's stare but Kenna doesn't back down and continues to glare at her. After a moment Felicity drops her glare and chuckles instead.

"Don't worry Kenna, you'll find no issues with me tonight. I'll play my role perfectly." Felicity says making Kenna scoff.

"Your dress is already here, we should all start getting ready soon." Kenna says already changing the subject as she looks at me for the go-ahead. I realize that my fingers had stopped moving and when I look down the rubix cube is complete. 

"Let's go."

*****
Here's the first chapter, let me know what you guys think!

As always don't forget to vote, comment and share the story!

❤️

Code Of Conduct जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें