Book 4: The Voice in the Night

Start from the beginning

Tarrlok raises his hand and the Fire Nation representative raises her hand as well. After a brief glance at each other, the Southern Water Tribe and Earth Kingdom representatives also raise their hands. With that, Tarrlok slams a gavel down on a platform to close the meeting and smiles mischievously at Tenzin and Ryu while they glare at him.
============================

Cuts to later during nighttime, at Air Temple Island, light, happy music plays as Korra practices airbending stances, while Ryu practiced his martial arts. The music becomes static and soon after, Amon's voice is heard.

Amon: Good evening, my fellow Equalists.

Cut to Korra and Ryu as they stops their practicing and sharply looks at the radio as they hears Amon.

Amon: This is your leader, Amon.

Cut to her as she slowly turns to look at the radio with fear on her face while Ryu glared.

Amon: As you have heard, the Republic Council has voted to make me public enemy number one, proving once again that the bending oppressors of this city will stop at nothing to quash our revolution. But we cannot be stopped. Our numbers grow stronger by the day. You no longer have to live in fear. The time has come for benders to experience fear.

The radio returns to static. Later, Mako is walking in a more industrialized part of Republic City. He throws one end of his scarf over his shoulder and looks up in the direction of a trolley which is being boarded. He runs toward the trolley, crossing the street without looking.

Meanwhile, a moped is driving down the street. The rider of the moped, sees Mako and quickly tries to stop, though she still crashes into Mako while he screams and tumbles over. She wheels the moped over to Mako, while he picks himself up off the street.

???: Oh, no! I'm so sorry. I didn't see you.

She takes off her helmet. Mako gets into a sitting position and rubs the back of his head; somewhat angrily.

Mako: How could you not see me? I mean I was ju-juu...

He glances at Asami, while she is throwing her hair back.

Mako: uh, I was... I- I... wow. I was...

He clears his throat and blushes. She then helps him to his feet.

???: Are you okay? Did I hurt you? Ugh, I'm such an idiot.

Mako: Don't worry, I'm fine. My brother hits me harder than that every day in practice.

???: Wait, I recognize you. You're Mako, right? You play for the Fire Ferrets.

Mako: Yeah, that's me.

???: I am so embarrassed.

Side-view as she reaches out hand to shake Mako's.

???: My name is Asami. Let me make this up to you somehow. Uh, how about I treat you to dinner? Tomorrow night, eight o' clock, Kwong's Cuisine.

She returns to her moped.

Mako: Uh, Kwong's? I don't have any clothes nice enough for a place that classy.

Asami: I'll take care of that. All you need to do is show up. So... it's a date?

Mako: Uh, yeah, I guess so. I'll see you tomorrow night.

Asami gets back on her moped and drives away taking one brief glance behind her. Mako watches her ride away and grins widely, lovestruck.

Later, at sunset on Air Temple Island, Tenzin's family, Ryu and Korra are about to eat dinner. Before eating, they bow their heads as Tenzin starts a prayer.