Chapter 9

[Nahida POV]

[Nahida POV]

"That's not an excuse, seems to me that he wants to go messing around with that pathetic girl!"

"She is anything but pathetic Lahar!" I exclaim, my hands slamming onto the meeting table.

"It's your loss then! She'll eventually die and it'll be no one but your fault and you'll be the one to blame for her death!" He shouts back at me.

"With all due respect princess, but he's right, ever since that girl has came here she's doing things that are messing with destiny. You know exactly what the consequences are if someone dares to go against fate and destiny."

I run my temples, massaging them out as I felt the pain in my mind from doing an emergency meeting with the royal advisor's.

Cyno looks at all them irritated and grabbed his polearm as I have him an knowingly look. He nods and slammed the polearm onto the floor, stopping the voices at the table to turn his attention to him.

"You are in the presence of the same girl who has been given the blessings of Lady Rukkehdevata. I suggest you all calm down or leave this hall or else, don't blame me for what happens to the rest of you." He says sternly, the coldness dropping out from his voice as he glares at all of them.

I thank him quietly and give him a slight smile before it falls straight after and look at the men at the table.

"We'll end this meeting now, there is no need to continue this any further than what had it been escalated to. Let this be a reflection and lesson to control your foul mouths next time." I say, standing up from my chair and Cyno following behind me shortly.

Things here were terrible.

We received the letter sent by Kaveh that their journey had to be extended and they won't be back for a few days and it isn't great at all.

Hina had done some terrible things, not directly but rather hired people and commanded them to do these things.

The first issue was that she is a suspect for tarnishing (Y/N)'s hard work, her greenhouse that was once beautiful, was now a full mess and some of the herbs that she worked hard to grow and keep them stable are dead. No signs of life are left in them.

Cyno had a hard time since I can't have all the pressures on my shoulders and was told by my brother to also take care of things whilst they were away.

Once he received news of what happened, he immediately came to the scene and looked quite angry and disappointed.

We both knew Hina was behind this as no one else other than the gardeners had permission to be in here but of course.

Once you're manipulative, you'll never leave those ways until you wake up from the desolate, false reality.

"Don't you dare even touch anything." Cyno commands to one of the guards who was about to pick up something.