Chapter 5

[(Y/N) POV]

[(Y/N) POV]

The pigs got their punishment and everything settled down afterwards... Well not for too long though.

"(Y/N), General Cyno is looking for you." One of the butler's.

"Where is he?"

"The usual training courtyard."

"I'll head there now then, thanks."

I walked past the many busy workers on this fine morning and made my way to the training yard to see a very sweaty Cyno indeed.

"You're here."

"You called?"

He walks up to me with his signature polearm in his hand and let the rest of his team continue with morning training.

"You've been put back on my schedule to do personal combat training, I hope you can attend this time." He says sternly and I only panic.

"Is this because I put some pigs in their places? I mean not that'd I mind since I'm more free these days even if things become busier around here." I say looking past his head and seeing Tighnari doing something.

"I'm going off on a trip to the Kingdom of Inazuma with Tighnari. I'm hoping you will do your best to make sure my lord is safe."

That's a huge responsibility, dumped on me just like that. "I mean I won't guarantee but I can at least try."

"Good. Princess Nahida is waiting for you, go."

Thus, I find myself currently sitting with Nahida, having breakfast with her as she has requested to hang out with her.

I had time before my herbalist duties to at least share breakfast with her. I headed downstairs to find her sitting by the fireplace with her hair tied up and some kind of book on her lap.

"Morning, I hope you slept well." I smile at her, walking over and leaning against the sofa beside her.

"Yes I did." She replies, returning my smile.

"You seem awfully distracted." I state with a smile, grabbing a piece of bread from the tray and placing it on my plate.

She continues to ignore my statement pouting away, looking towards the marble stained tiles on the walls. 

"So," I start, "Did anything interesting happen last night? Did you meet someone?" I question.

"Ah." She sighs deeply before continuing, "Well, you already know about the meeting but..." she trails off before clearing her throat "I guess I should say the meeting was rather boring and my brother hasn't spoken much at all." She says frowning slightly.

"Really?" I question, feeling a slight pain in my chest seeing her like that.

"Yes, he kept his thoughts to himself most of the time and only answered when I asked him a direct question or if I spoke about my own interests or opinions. It felt really strange. Normally, he'd talk about anything except politics, religion or women."