Chapter 3

(I apologise if this is rude but... I will add things like 'flushed red' or 'blushed' and this is not to make anyone feel out of place but it's for the plot. Let me make it clear, you will in this story. If you don't like it, please leave the story now.)

[(Y/N) POV]

[(Y/N) POV]

I could hear the birds chirping outside as my eyes open as I let out a ugly morning yawn, burying my face in my pillow.

I woke up earlier than expected knowing today was going to be quite the melodramatic day. I knew to stay mentally prepared for it all.

'After two years, I'll be able to face a bitch and her two disgusting daughters. What a good day to expose them of their wrongdoings.'

Now some may say that had it not been for the majesty's power, I wouldn't even be able to stick up for myself and they're not wrong. I do admit it's a selfish act and using the power of another but it's needed and it's right in this moment too.

After all, if our king wants to make Sumeru a happier and welcoming place for everyone despite social hierarchy, I'm supporting him all the way.

I'm sure anyone else would agree with me too. After all, Sumeru is a wonderful place by nature but inside the political system and world, it's so broken and corrupt that it's time for a good change.

I sit up from my bed, legs dangling over the edge just taking in the morning sunrise. "Uuhhh, what time is it?" A voice I know all too well called out.

"Collei, go back to bed, don't mind me waking up so early."

Collei was my roommate but due to being a forest watcher, I don't get to see her often in the palace. His majesty has given her and Tighnari time off to recover from their two year expedition so she's been very inactive lately.

"Mmf, pita pockets sounds nice about now." She mumbles, getting lost in her little dreams somewhere.

Now, I'm honestly not one to wake up so early, I'm not some early bird but, when it's something I'm about to do the next day or I'm excited about something, sometimes I don't sleep or I wake up early.

I make our way to our shared bathroom, freshening up and doing my daily necessities before dressing up.

I slip on a pair of black pants that have straps around it and a white blouse with black boots(kind of like from AOT).

Before leaving my chambers and heading over to the main hall, where breakfast is served, I slightly pull open the curtain but not too much so that the sun doesn't burn directly in Collei's eyes when she wakes up.

I walk towards the door, opening it and waiting for the satisfying click for it to close in place as I made my way down the hall.

As I enter the dining room I noticed a number of servants carrying trays with food ready for consumption.