My chest burned, my wolf howled not knowing what to do, she was taken by surprise as well, I felt like he would jump out of nowhere and lunge for my throat.

He cut me off one last time.

I fell to the floor with a thud and froze on the ground. My hands dug into the ground as I tried to stand up, but my body could no longer bare the exhaustion. I let out a panicked shriek as I crawled as quickly as I could to the large tree a few feet from me. Once there I pushed my back firmly to it and brought my legs in close to my body, my shaky hands dug into the roots, grass, and rock, I ignored the cuts. My whole body shook as I looked forward, trying to see where he'd come from.

And then off in the distance, half crouched, I saw him.

* * ( Minutes before ) * *

He parked the car in the middle of nowhere, opened his door and without closing it walked around to mine. He yanked me out of the car and began walking into the forest.

Usually, I'd be happy to be going into the forest but now I was petrified. I had no idea what was running through his head.

He was pulling me deeper and deeper into the forest, the tree branches and vines getting thicker and thicker, blocking out what little sunlight there was in the sky.

The further we went in the more frightened I became.

After we got into the elevator, I shut down, thinking of a hundred scenarios that he would enjoy and I wouldn't, he ended up dragging me into the forest, but the silence was stretching like the miles thousands of miles from the closest civilization.

"Zaliver?" I whispered, he didn't answer.

I looked around at the darkening forest. Because of the work out this was turning out to be I had long ago burned the drugs out of my system, meaning my wolf was back. Turns out whatever drug they gave us knocked both wolf and human out and allow the body to defend itself naturally, but when I woke up she was still under.

What did you do to anger him?!

I lied and said I'd reje-

You fool! You don't know what you've done! Why? What type of idiot are you?!

I thought if he'd believe it, he'd tell me what was going on.

Well, he definitely believed you. If we end up matless tonight, I will never forgive you.

I don't think he'll leave us.

He better not.

She was still tired but she settled down in the back of my head, her panic and fear strong.

I gave it a few more minutes before I yanked my hand out of his hold harshly, stopping both him and I. He stopped but he didn't turn around to face me, I bit my lip when I saw his hands clench and unclench.

"Zaliver?"

"I thought they were taking you from me, just when I got you. I've never felt as panic-stricken as I did when you didn't answer my shouts, all I could do was listen to your hurt and then hit the ground. Uselessness is a horrible feeling Vivian." He turned around to face me, a playful smile on his face not matching the seriousness of his words or tone, it was scary.

I said nothing, having the feeling that I would finally get answers and that he would finally open up to me.

"They being the gods above like Alstha god of war and knowledge, Eccasto god of intelligence and instinct, others as well but your kind know and care of only two; Fate and Lun, but your kind call her Mother Luna." He said taking a step to me, I remained rigid, letting him play with a strand of hair as I took in the new information.