His promise

" I hope you are comfortable here" he asked Nandni entering his chamber where she was waiting for him as his bride.

" yes I am comfortable and fine" she answered softly cascading her eyes down feeling extremely shy...Nandni is a soft-hearted girl, kind, sympathetic, and gentle...she never loved the idea of war and blood...her interest mainly lay in books, embroidery, and artistic pieces....she is truly a very beautiful woman of a hind, many kings were dying to marry her.. However, her father selected sidharth for her...leaving all the offers of the King from big states, she doesn't know why he chooses him??

" Apne khana khaya??" he asked further not knowing what to say, it's his responsibility to take care of her and her well-being... An obligation which is going to be very tiring for him.

" no, I was waiting for you" she replied .

" Come let's have dinner first," he said forwarding his hand which she gladly accepts with a small smile.

The room is filled with silence as they have their dinner...Nandin take a glance at him in between..she heard a lot about him from her brother..the stories of his bravery, his strength and how humbled he is as a human..he is a serious man and talks very less which she concluded now...but his eyes are blank...like he hides something very deep inside him, he appears tired to her.

" Nandni!!!" she looked deep into his eyes and he averted as soon as possible feeling very guilty and a cheater.

" You are now a queen of suryagarh, you have various responsibilities on your shoulders...and I hope you will fulfil them very efficiently...just remember one thing never disrespect my people... No matter what position they are I want you to treat them with respect, There are few people who are very very precious and important to me..my mother, Acharya ji, my younger brother Randhir and my sister Vaishali..."

" I will take care of them...afterall they are my family too now" she replied, he nods.

"Can I ask you for something??" he nods.

" there was a girl who showed me the way to your chamber and helped me too, can she be my attendee?? I really loved her personality and she is so positive to be around"

" what's her name??" he questioned.

" umm..yes..something shehnaaz" he closed his eyes calming down his anger, so as not to burst out on her, how could she called her maid, she has a very superior place in his life...

" she can't" he stated with greeted teeth.

" why??"

" Because she is not any attendee...she is..." he yelled closing the distance between them, his eyes blazing with anger.

" she is...??" Nandani asked seeing him so affected by the name of a mere girl.

" She is a sister of our commander...and my friend" he answered taking a few steps back.

" sirf itna hi??" she asked, but he didn't answer and went out of the chamber.

************
" Shehnaaz!!!!" Amar called her seeing her so lost in her thoughts as they walked to their house.

" Bacha what he did, he did for the state, he has no intention to hurt you, he loved you truly, I was there..i saw him as vulnerable, and broken when he sat on the madap...this is their lives..."

" what about me?? I just lost everything..."

" I was so proud of myself for what I am but today the reality hits hard on my face, I was in so much illusion..that I dream of my marriage with the king..i was so stupid I couldn't stop myself falling for him, how couldn't I??? He is the dream man of every women...his ethics, his looks, his humanity, values..if you know about us...why didn't you stop me?? why didn't you slap me hard on my face and house arrested me or may be marry me off...i break your trust, Amma's trust but believe me I didn't do anything wrong...and I am not ashamed too for loving him.." she said facing him.