Chapter 14

Optimus smiled slightly walking into the familiar arena of Kaon, seeing Soundwave and Megatronus laying in the middle, looking relaxed. He approached the two slowly and Megatronus glanced up and the long time Prime smiled down at him.

"Comfortable?"

"Very. And I'm guessing you're here to ruin it?"

Optimus nodded. "Afraid so. I want to drive around to make sure operations are running smoothly before our next report with the high council...and maybe to help ease Amal's worries." Soundwave sat up, frowning. "What's wrong with Amal?"

"She's not taking care of her mental health, so we sent her to Earth to do it." Megatronus explained, standing up before helping his sparkmate up. Soundwave had a frown on her face, showing she wasn't too sure about what Optimus and Megatronus had done as a method to 'help' Amal, but she didn't say anything on the matter as she followed the two mechs out of the arena.

"I'm going to make sure Shockwave hasn't found anything while I was gone. I'll comm you if he has." Soundwave told her sparkmate and Megatronus nodded before the two primes watched her transform and fly off.

Megatronus turned to Optimus, motioning with his head. "Alright...lets get this over with."

~

Amal grinned as she walked into the ops room of the base on Earth, heading straight for where basically a pile of computers was crowding a chair.

"RAFFY!"

The human in the chair let out an 'oof' as Amal practically tackled him into a hug, squeezing him tight. "Ow! Amal!" Raf managed to squeak out in slightly annoyance. Amal let go, stepping back and grinning down at him.

"I've missed you, Raffy!" She said, ruffling his hair that he seemed to grow out a bit more. Raf swatted her hand away with a playful grin.

"I've missed you too, Amal. How're things going on Cybertron?"

Amal shrugged, leaning against the desk Raf was working on. "Oh, you know, same old. All of us trying to rebuild and coexist—The high council being dicks—" Raf rolled his eyes.

"Well, I wish I could say it was better here, but it seems we're going through the same thing. Only difference is we could just squish the people here that are in our way."

"Rafael."

"Only joking, Ratchet!" Raf called to the older bot, who had a disgusted look on his face. Raf and Amal grinned in amusement.

"So, you here to see about that hole of oozing energon?" Raf asked as he typed into his computer. Amal glanced at the monitor. "Pretty much. Also wanted to see how Jack was doing while I was here."

"Well, Jack should be back tonight. He's in a few fun meetings today. But in the meantime, here's everything we've got on this hole."

Amal squinted at the screen. "That's not a lot that we don't already know on Cybertron." Raf nodded. "We can't get any technology down there. Human or Cybertronian. Ratchet and I still have a few more ideas but we've got other stuff to keep up with at the same time." Raf explained as he clicked off all of their information.

Amal nodded, standing up and stretching a bit. "Well, whatever it is, hopefully it isn't a threat anytime soon. I'd rather not deal with another Unicron taking over the planet."

Raf nodded with a grin before standing up. "Cmon. I gotta go file some stuff...and it's boring and i need entertainment."

~

Amal blinked, squinting until her eyes adjusted to the light. She stood up straighter, tilting her head as the light hummed softly before moving to the left then to the right.

"What are you?"

Amal reached up, about to touch it when it moved back.

"Hey!"

Amal stepped forward, one foot after another, trying to grab the light but it kept moving, bringing her farther forward. Amal grumbled.

"What do you want from me?!"

"Amal!"

Amal's eyes shot open and she gasped, stumbling back and falling to the ground. Amal looked up, blinking to adjust to the darkness. A person stood above her, a concerned look on their face.

Amal rubbed her eyes before looking again. "Jack?" She mumbled as he extended a hand to her. "Yea. Sorry. Didn't mean to scare you." He said as Amal took his hand and he pulled her up.

"How you doin', cous?" Amal asked and Jack frowned. "How're you doing? Amal, you were...sleepwalking. Have you always done that?" Jack asked and Amal scoffed.

"Yea. It's been a problem since I was young. I just tend to wander from time to time." Amal lied and Jack hummed, seeming a bit weary. "Knockout usually gives medication to help with it so I figured while i stopped by on Earth, I'd grab some." Amal shrugged.

"Alright. You just scared me. I was coming back for the night and when I called out to you, you just kept walking until you were out the door."

Amal looked around, suddenly realizing she was indeed outside the facility. "Yea. I'm more hardheaded when I'm asleep." She shrugged and Jack cracked a smile.

"Well, cmon. I was about to have a drink if you wanna join me?"

Amal grinned, wrapping her arm around her cousins shoulder.

"Sounds like a grand idea, Jacky."