"Earth to Eve!" Shawn yelled while waving his hand in front of my face.

"Huh?" I asked distracted.

I heard Shawn talking, but I tuned him out again. Asher started tickling Matthew. He was wiggling in my mates arms as his stomach was attacked. Asher had a huge smile on his face while Matthew was crying from laughing so hard. I looked at Shawn who was also looking at me. He seemed like he was waiting for me to say something, so I just nodded.

"Really?" he asked in disbelief. I don't even know what I said yes to.

"Yup" I said while popping the 'p.'

Shawn smirked. "So you think its a great idea to go skydiving today?" he asked.

My eyes went wide as I frantically shook my head. "Oh hell to the no!" I shouted. I'm terrified of heights. There is no way that I will go skydiving. I don't even like flying on airplanes.

"You weren't listening to anything I was saying" Shawn whined.

I gave him an apologetic smile. "But they're just so cute" I gushed as I motioned to Asher and Matthew. Matthew was punching Asher while Asher pretended to be hurt by the hits.

Shawn rolled his eyes. "Back to my real question" he said. "When's Asher leaving?" he asked.

"About 20 minutes" Asher answered from right behind me. I leaned against his chest while his arms wrapped around my waist and his hands connected near my bellybutton.

I frowned. "Can't you stay like another hour?" I asked sweetly.

Asher shook his head. "We were supposed to leave this morning, Eve. I can't keep pushing the times" he stated.

"Bu-"

Asher cut me off by putting his hand over my mouth. I slipped my tongue out and licked his hand, but it had no effect on him. "Does my hand taste good?" Asher asked while turning me around to face him.

I rolled my eyes at him. "I don't want you to go" I told him through the mind-link.

Asher sighed. "I know. But I have to. We talked about this already. I don't want to leave you. But it's for the future, our kids" he reminded me.

"Let me go with you" I suggested. Asher quickly shook his head before I even finished my sentence. "You don't want me to go with you?" I asked, slightly hurt.

Asher finally took his hand off my mouth and rested both hands on my hips. "I don't want to leave you, but you can't go with me. It's dangerous. I would rather torture myself by leaving you, than you getting hurt on this trip" he said as he rested our foreheads together.

"But if its dangerous, you can get hurt" I whispered softly. "What would I do if you got hurt? I don't want to sit around all day while my mate risks his life out there. I want to go" I ranted.

Asher shook his head. "You're staying here" he said sternly.

I moved out of his arms and paced in front of him. "I don't want to stay here. I want to go with you!" I shouted. After the words left my mouth, I realized that I sound like a little kid who's parents are leaving. Except I'm not a little kid, and my parents aren't with me anymore.

"You're not going with me" Asher stated.

"Well, I'm not staying here. You can't make me stay here. I want to go with you"

"Dammit, Eve!" Asher shouted. "You're staying here!" he ordered, using his Alpha voice. I was shocked, to say the least. He used it on me when I had my emotions off, but I completely deserved that. It doesn't even work on me. I'm a Royal, therefore, I'm a higher rank. But he still used it.

He tried commanding me to do something. I didn't think he would ever use the Alpha voice on me. And it made me hurt and mad. He's basically getting mad because I care. I don't want him to be out there possibly getting hurt, while I'm safely sitting on the couch doing nothing. It's not fair and it scares the crap out of me. "Yes, Alpha" I hissed.

Asher looked guilty and he reached out for me. "Eve" he said softly. I shook my head and teleported out of the living room. I ended up at a clearing where Asher took me yesterday. There was a small lake and a waterfall. I slipped off my shoes and put my feet in the water. I listened to the splashing of the waterfall, until Asher so rudely interrupted my moment of peace.

"Baby" he cooed. "I'm sorry. I didn't mean to do it, Eve. Please come back. I'm so so sorry"

He sounded so sad, so broken. It hurt me to know that he was hurting, but then I remembered why I'm even mad at him. He used his fucking Alpha voice. I'm his mate, I'm the Luna, I'm the fucking Queen of the Werewolves; and he used the Alpha voice on me.

"Just leave, Asher. You can't keep pushing the times" I stated before putting my wall up. I sighed and looked up at the cloud-filled sky with one thought floating around my mind.

Why couldn't my life just be simple?